Catholic Notre Dame University to Give Obama Honorary Degree Comments

His appearance at the university would appear to violate the USCCB's policy against honoring pro-abortion politicians. Continue Reading

1. Eddie Fong

Is there a Bishop Martino in Indiana? Calling Bishop Martino!!!!

2. Claire

In additon to writing letters To Rev. Jenkins, why don't the Alumn withdraw financial support from ND until they withdraw the invitation to President Oboma?

3. Double Domer

I graduated from ND undergrad and law school. I am fit to be tied! This school will not receive a penny from me. I won't send my children there either. Shame on Notre Dame.

The Vatican ought to remove the name "Catholic" from this secular university. Obviously, ND is Catholic in name only. No doubt former ND Law Prof. Kmiec had something to do with this scandal.

4. Nathan Lewis

When Catholic schools honor those who are pro-abortion they convey a message to the world and the Church: "Abortion is bad, but it's not THAT bad." The result is that the world doesn't change its evil doing and many in the Church are confirmed in their lukewarmness.

5. Joel Hanna

What is it going to take for Catholics to live their faith?

Without the naive support of Catholics Obama would never have been elected, because he is one of the most pro-abortion politicians. He even voted against a bill that would have outlawed partial-Birth abortion - the most hideous form of abortion.

Now Notre Dame University honors him? What does it take for a leader to live his faith instead of being a hypocrite?

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) should condemn his honoring or they are hypocrites also.

6. Eddie Fong

What a shame, thank God my daughter graduated last year. I may not have shown up for her graduation.
    The school that call themselves the Institution of the Mother, honoring the DESTROYER of the Mother's Womb.
    SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Paul

I just did the same thing, Jennifer. I care quality of education that my children receive, but if that education teaches them the ways of this world instead of the ways of God...

8. Edward A Koon

Just went through my wardrobe and pulled all my ND gear. I need a new college football team. I can't root for a team knowing that the school administration supports abortion. This hurts.

9. John Benko

This is a sacriledge against all Notre Dame stands for.

10. Jennifer

Just sent Jenkins an email, and I'm crossing Notre Dame off the list of possible universities for my children. This is pathetic and shameful.