Vatican Meeting: Americans Attempt to Replace D.C. Area Bishops Comments

Randall Terry led a group to Rome to attempt to replace Archbishop Wuerl of Washington and Bishop Loverde of Arlington. Continue Reading

1. William R Matlock

I found this article and movement very interesting. I agree that there is a trend towards liberalism in the American Catholic Church that needs turned back towards the teaching of our Lord and Saviour! But I don't want a return to the Pre-Vatican II days where people were pushed away from the church either!

2. Mark

I find this disturbing. As an orthodox Catholic in the Archdiocese of Washington, I know first hand that Archbishop Wuehrl is an excellent pastor. For example, the Archdiocese is currently funding a Lenten ad campaign all across the archdiocese encouraging lapsed Catholics to return to the faith.

Bishop Loverde said he would go to jail before he permitted abortion to be conducted at Catholic hospitals in his diocese (he also blessed the first pharmacy in the area that does not sell contraceptives). I'm sure both of these bishops will speak with the likes of Sibelius, but let's not turn this into a media event if it doesn't have to be.

3. Mike Sweeney

What we have here, thanks to the spineless bishops, is a defacto schism in the American Catholic Church. It is every bit as real as Luther's was, and it is due to the fact that no Catholic can say who is, or is not, true to the teaching of the Church. This sorry state of affairs is also due to Rome' tip toeing around such an expolsive issue. Both sides have Church hierarchy who will agree with their position, either by waffling silence, or by out right ignoring of where the Church standson abortion. When it comes to politians who advocate abortion, the bishops want to make nice. Who can say what the Church really preaches, thanks to these fellow travelers? Maybe they won't get invited to the next Washington cocktail party.

4. Jason

Wow, this is amazing that the laity are actually finally begining to do something about this mess. This is great news and I hope and pray that Rome takes them seriously.

5. Richard

I'm so glad to see the Catholic Church get involved and get our church back on track.

6. Eddie Fong

If our Shephards ae strong and courageous, it would not have come to this. I agree with the delegation though.

And let me say it again, "It is time for Catholics to stand up, be heard, be seen and be felt. Let us not give the media a reason to ignore us anymore. LET US TAKE TO THE STREET IN EVERY MAJOR CITY OF AMERICA!!

7. Alex

Catholics (practicing anyway) everywhere are fed up with do-nothing bishops. It was inevitable that the Faithful would eventually beg Rome for an intervention. We are tired of "political" clergy and are in need of TRUE defenders of the Faith. God Bless these folks and their efforts!