Bishop Corrects Catholic College for Inviting Gay ‘Marriage’ Advocate Comments

Boykin is an activist and advocate for 'homosexual rights', by which he means more than recognizing the dignity of all persons including homosexual persons. Continue Reading

1. Bulbajer

Actually, Sammy, I do not think abnormal is the same as immoral. I do appreciate your civilness, though. Believe me, I don't get many civil responders.

2. Sammy

Homosexuality is perverse. If you don't want to bring religion into the matter, that's fine. Religion or not, it's still an abnormal behavior. If you disagree, then you have to be open to any and all behaviors (pedophilia, necrophilia, beastiality, etc.) Because where are you going to draw the line between normal/moral and abnormal/immoral?

3. H. Stermer

I hope the bishop stops any support of that college.

4. Bulbajer

If you take a look at the Bible, it does condemn homosexuality. The First Amendment, however, protects our laws from religious influence (I know that many argue that separation of church and state is not in the Constitution, but clearly, a state that is not hampered by religious or non-religious influences works better.)

The argument against homosexuality has to do with religious beliefs. Don't forget that religious beliefs do not necessarily have to do with morality and right-and-wrong. After all, atheists can be moral and can do right things.

It doesn't matter if homosexuality is condemned in the Bible or not, the Bible should not influence our lawmakers.

5. scott d

Bulbajer,

I don't think Paul is saying that homosexuals are intrinsically evil. He is saying that the homosexual act is intrinsically evil, which it is, no matter how its sugar coated.

Anyone who knows Church doctrine knows that or anyone who has studied the Bible knows that homosexuality is an abomination.

6. Paul V. Dolan

I learned some time ago that there is such a thing that actions and things can be "intrinsically evil." That means such things can never be made to be good, no matter how one tries to put a spin on them.

A homosexual lifestyle is intrinsically evil.

Paul V. Dolan

7. Bulbajer

Paul: that's disgusting! You think that the people of Warsaw Were pulverized because they were unfaithful to God? If I know anything about the Nazis, it is that they were not brought by God to deal out punishment. The people of Warsaw were slaughtered because the Nazis wanted them dead, not because God wanted them dead. God may have the power to control the universe, but if He used it all the time, why isn't He convincing the half of the world that still doesn't believe there is a problem with the environment to realize their mistakes? History has shown that God is always with us, but never through acts like the Holocaust.
    J: I am, if possible, even more disgusted by your comments. I quote:
    "You must remember Boykin is a very liberal protestant and some protestants make up what they want, like saying I love Jesus, Praise Jesus!,I give you everything Jesus and then talk bad about his blessed mother Mary. I wouldn't like that mess, you all wouldn't like someone like that either and I know for sure Our Lord doesn't like people being two faced to him like that. This happens to them because Satan rubs them good on oneside and then kicks on the b... on that other side.That's what sin does sometimes. They'll never catch on to this trick of Satan until we stand up with Gods wisdom."
    Where have you been in the last century? Have you not heard of the Ecumenical Councils? Or do you not consider Protestants worthy enought to enter the presence of the Pope? I know that you say only "some" Protestants live lives of lying about their faith, but if I say, "Some Catholics believe that dinosaurs were on Noah's ark," wouldn't you be offended, even though I say, "some"? Indeed, there are Protestants who hate Mary. But there are also Catholics who hate anybody who's not Catholic. Saying what you said is just like what Fox News did to Obama, claiming he's a Muslim (which apparently makes him, even without his political views, bad) without substantial evidence (they got it from a small, ultra-conservative web-press). When I think of Catholicism, I think of a group of people devoted to WORDS AND ACTIONS OF PEACE, not hatred. Please, don't give my beloved Church a bad name.

8. Rev. Antonio Arnold

I thank our Lord Jesus Christ for Bishop Martino taking a stand and I pray the Holy Spirit will guide each and everyone of us to stand together in the faith against all acts against the faith.

Like so many Colleges and Universities in the name of diversity are allowing acts of shame and sin against the people of God and God himself.
    Thank you Bishop Martino and I pray my fellow clergymen will stand as Bishop Martino have the courage to stand.

God bless you Bishop Martino

9. Judy

Thank God for Bishop Martino! But we must not leave the fight to him alone. All Catholics are called by the Holy Spirit to speak the truth of the Gospel - not the truth of a university or a society that advocates acceptance of homosexual activity and "marriage".

And we must relentlessly communicate our stance and belief to our congressional leaders who are high on power and believe they should have the final word. May the Holy Spirit continue to be our guide, our source of education and give us the power and the courage to speak the truth.

10. J Fred Hart Jr.

God bless Bishop Martion. May his tribe increase. A large part of the reason that we are in the mess that we experience is because of the gutlessness of the American Catholic Bishops dating at least back to the Land of Lakes screed in l967. We see on the part of the American hierarchy is a preferential option for the popular. JFH