'Jesus is a homo' Homosexuals Disrupt Church Service Comments

Using megaphones for amplification they shouted epithets at those entering the service such as “Jesus is a homo”. They also mockingly carried an upside down pink cross. Continue Reading

1. rodel

Such was a condemnable act of trespass! They should be prosecuted. If they have the right to express their sentiment - the church has the right to teach morality and be heard by the public. May God forgive! and He does - For the church - let's pray for them that they will realize God loves them so much no matter what

2. lindsey

Although I'm an atheist, I believe that church services should not be interrupted. It's all about respecting others, and allowing others to make their own choices.
    However, it isn't like all homosexuals are doing this. There exceptions to every religion and race. I believe that you should also consider the straight/religious that commit crimes, too. There are so many examples everywhere in the news; it's wrong to keep your point of view so narrow. Broad generalizations should not be made, and ignorance is no excuse.

3. Heath

In response to Sarah’s post dated 11/21/08 –

I agree that people should not disrupt a church service as a way to express their views. I also agree that people who are not Christians are not our brothers and sisters in Christ. But you go too far when you say that those people are not from God. This statement implies that they are not worthy of our time or attention, that they are not our neighbors.

We are called to love and have mercy on our neighbors. Our neighbors are not only our brothers and sisters in Christ, but also total strangers. In Luke 10:25-37, Jesus confirmed that the second greatest commandment is to “Love your neighbor as yourself.” A man asked him, “Who is my neighbor?” Jesus responded by telling the parable of the Good Samaritan. Jesus said that of the three men who passed by the beaten stranger lying on the road, the one who had mercy on him was a neighbor to him. He concluded by saying, “Go and do likewise.”

Jesus commanded:
    “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” Matthew 5:44.
    “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Matthew 7:1-2.

Jesus’s message was one of inclusion, not exclusion. Telling non-believers they are not from God is an alienation tactic. This is not the way to be a true, loving disciple of Christ.

4. Matt Gibilisco

Im stunned. Has the time come to defend our faith and the practice thereof. I understand if someone disagrees with the catholic church or any other church as far as that goes. BUT, to disrupt a mass or any other teaching of christ is crossing the line of the first ammendment.
    Express.Yes disrupt. NO
    I bet one could trace this back to upbringing and how the family values were inforced. I can only speak for myself.

5. Sarah

Matthew 12:48-50 Jesus states that our brothers and sisters are those who do as His Fathers says.

It is apparent that the people who did this to the church, are neither our brothers and sisters, nor are they from GOD.

No one is hurting them, they are truly hurting themselves, by their anger, and actions. They want equal rights, then they should all be in jail, waiting to receive sentences for what they did.

GOD'S LAWS and commands are very clear, they want to go to church, but they also want to bend the laws. No one can do this but GOD HIMSELF.

6. RobertZ

The Catholic Christian Church will not stop teaching Christianity. Participating in homosexual activities is a grave sin and always will be. God has wiped out entire cities because of sodomy. It is not that much of a stretch to say that he created AIDS as a punishment for not living a chaste life. Whether He created it, or just let Nature take its course, He allows it to continue to exist. At least with AIDS people have a chance to repent.

And holding up signs (I highly doubt that any of those that randy mentioned were by Catholics) is not being violent and destructive. It would be all over the liberal media if just 1 person did anything of the sort. Yet we see silence compared to that of multiple large crowd acts of violence and destruction that the liberal media has been trying to hide. It is so obvious that this sort of behavior has been constrained to the one side.

As for tolerance, if you want to call teaching the Truth intolerant then so be it. Souls are in hell because they chose to be stubborn and to always eternally ignore the Truth. Without Truth, there is no light, no hope, no love and complete separation from God. God gave us the free will to live with the Truth or without It. Our final destination is by our own choice. AMDG, RobertZ

7. Woody

I am a Christian and I must disagree with the way that the protest was held. I do not support gay rights, and I stand strong to the belief that redemption of every type of sin including homosexuality is possible through the Church. Once the Church decides to become tolerant of their members who are fully active in sin, then where will that lead the Christian faith? I also believe that churches should condemn the sin that is against the Christian faith. Intolerance of the sin is not the same as intolerance of 'people'. Homosexuals are not condemned, the homosexual sin (acting out) is condemned.

Christians need not let an event like this back them down. Stand strong in your beliefs and continue teaching and preaching about the wretchedness of sin, press forward no matter what the consequences from gay activist groups.

8. randy

"I wonder what would happen if Christians protested in such a manner at homosexual activist events."

Every pride event I have ever been to has had christians with signs telling me I am going to hell or thanking god for aids.

9. Al

I am a Christian and I fully support gay rights. I am disappointed to see that this Bash Back group is trying to achieve their goals through such inappropriate and ineffective means. The church service should not have been interrupted, especially in such an aggressive manner. More importantly, no church should ever support or teach views that are intolerant against any type of person. I would like to see both parties in this issue begin to tolerate each other.

10. ANDY

The vast majority of protesters are peaceful; the extreme of any group does not accurately reflect the whole.

When the membership of a group sits silent while it's leaders or the extremes lash out, they are complicit.

As a gay protester against Prop.8, I do not see Bash Back's actions as being productive -- but they do serve the purpose of showing to what range the anger and disenfranchisement exists.

Considering the bold moves they have made, it is not unreasonable to think that at least some church vandalismes have stemmed from the Prop.8 backlash. But consider vandalism of opportunity and misdirection is also the result of some with other agendas and/or imbalances.