Los Angeles home for unwed mothers now a family center to address ‘the bigger picture’ Comments

LOS ANGELES, CA (The Tidings) - A century ago, when the Ford Motor Company first introduced its classic Model T touring car and before women’s suffrage, St. Anne’s maternity home for unwed pregnant women was founded by Bishop Thomas Conaty in Los Angeles. Continue Reading

1. Doris Fritz

I am writing a message for my son Lester Thomas Fritz let I had put up for adoption in 1977. i want to let you know that I loved you very much and that I will always love you. So if you looking for me, contact me by e-mail.I did what I wanted do the best by you.Putting you up for adoption for hard for me to do. Forgive me please. So if you are out there please contact me okay. Love You so much.My e-mail is dorisfritz@ymail.com.

2. Rosemarie Mellado

I was adopted out of St. Anne's on Occidental Blvd. in Los Angeles, I was born at Sun Valley Hospital January 13, 1961. I researched and I thought my mother's name was Alice Hartnet, however people who know who I am are saying my mother's name is Gloria. Is there any way to clarify this ? Please e-mail me at liferswife@yahoo.com

3. Doris Fritz

I was a patient at St. Annes in 1977 before giving birth to my son, Lester Thomas Fritz, at Queen of Angels Hospital in Los Angeles, CA on July 31, 1977. I have had no information regarding my son since his birth and have been trying to locate him. Is there any way to find out if he is trying to locate me.

4. Judith woods (Powers)

I was a 14 yr. old unwed mother at St. Anne's.I had a bueatiful little girl.Born June 17,1964 at 7:34 am. she weigh 8lbs. 9 oz. Dr. Woodruff was my doctor and my social worker's name was Mrs. Kemp.I am 62 yrs. old now and would love to know for sure, that's she's okay.I believe she's having a wonderful life and has no need to know me.Which tells me her parents , LOVED her enough that she doesn't need me.I started to look for her many times.My children and grandchildren know all about her. And , they'd love to know her! .So, if by a miracle she reads this. Or there 's anyone who might have any information about her.I named her, Lori Lyn Morris. St. Anne's is a wonderful place. Because of St. Anne's I was wise enough at 14 to make the best decision for my Bueatiful little girl !

.Her fathers name is Johnny Morris.

5. Chance Chanel

Thank you for the support system provided for teenage mothers in ur area. Am from the Philippines..am into case studies as to what support systems are provided by the family, school, church, and community for the teenage mothers.. most research studies center on prevention, cause and effect of the said social problem.

6. camella

i was born at st. annes materity hospital in 1951. my sister was born un 1953, then my brother was born i think around 1958-1959. my mothers name was elizabeth moorehead , her address was 4922 w.132nd. st. hawthorne,calif. She also used the name betty piccolo & beth moorehead & elizabeth moorehead. she was 16 when i was born 17 when my sister was born & 23 when my brother was born. we were both private family adopitions, and when we saw the birth certificate for my brother it showed that he may have been a family adopition also. but we were told that he was adopited. out to a family. i would to find him for he is my olny last blood relivtive

7. Felicia

My Grandmother passed and we have recently been told that she gave birth to a baby boy on October 13, 1961. I am trying to locate him so my mother could meet her only brother in the world. If you have any information please contact me. fewvball@gmail.com. My grandmothers last name was Arriola.

8. Donna K.

My sister in-law gave birth to a baby boy December 10, 1969 at St. Anne's Hospital in Los Angeles. She was only 16 years old and was not old enough to care for the baby. She named him Robert James Howard. Not sure if that is still his name. A couple adopted him soon after he was born. She has since died and her daughter would like to contact him. Please contact me at donnakanehl@yahoo.com if you have any information. Thank you...

9. Woode Stephens

My sister, Cally, gave birth to a boy 2-21-69 father was Doug Grimes, the case worker was Ruth Ross. The boy was adopted at about 6-months to a couple with no children and planned to adopt again. She has asked me to help her find him if he is willing. Thank you.

10. Donna

I am helping my brother search for his birth parents. He was delivered by Dr. Polieno Cespon in Nov. of 1966 - His mothers madien name was Pearson and she named him Wilfred. We think she was abt 23 years old. If she was in your facility and there is any
    information you can give us - or if she has inquired about his adoption please provide
    her with my contact information.