Los Angeles home for unwed mothers now a family center to address ‘the bigger picture’ Comments

LOS ANGELES, CA (The Tidings) - A century ago, when the Ford Motor Company first introduced its classic Model T touring car and before women’s suffrage, St. Anne’s maternity home for unwed pregnant women was founded by Bishop Thomas Conaty in Los Angeles. Continue Reading

1. Jason Stone

I was born on June 16,1971 as Douglas Allen Meyer @ St. Ann's. My birth mother's name I know is Arlene Meyer who was 25, german descent, 5', 80lbs, dark brown hair, hazel eyes and fair skin. My birth father's name is James Stanton who was 27, caucasian, 6', 175lbs, brown hair, blue eyes and fair skin. Looking for birth parents for medical reasons.

2. MARGARET MAZER JOUBERT

I BELIEVE I WAS ADOPTED FROM ST ANN'S. I WAS BORN IN 1953 MY MOTHERS NAME WAS PATRICIA ANN MAZER JOUBERT. MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS FROM LA AND MY MOTHER TOLD ME ABOUT ST ANNS. BOTH MY MOM AND DAD ARE DESEASED NOW AND
    I BELIEVE THERE IS MORE I NEED TO KNOW. I AM NOW 59 YEARS OLD. CAN YOU HELP ME? I HAVE NO OTHER FAMILY TO ASK.
    MAG2356@GMAIL.COM

3. Lesa

I suggest for everyone searching for family member (s), to increase your chances of a reunion, take DNA test! (test w/ Ancestry, FTDNA or 23andme)
    I am adopted. Was born Oct. 1972, Southern. Cal.
    My birth mom may have stayed at St. Ann's, Los Angeles...
    ***I will wait for a genetic, proof positive match.
    Don't loose faith:)

4. Mary DiMambro

My name was Mary Elizabeth Westley. I gave birth at St. Annes Hospital on Oct 30,1972. My biracial (blk/wht) son was put up for adoption. I named you Jason Lee Booker. I was barely 16 yrs old. I had no means and no parental help. I had no social security number so there were many failed attempts to find you. I am sorry for that. I have two newborn pictures of you that my caseworker sent me. I look at them often. I want to know you and pray you are happy and healthy. I hope your adoptive parents were good to you. You have 1 biological sister(Bernedette). She is 39, married and has 2 boys and 1 girl. We would love to know you. If for any reason you think you are my son, please email me at marydimambro@yahoo.com. By the way, in 1972 all adoption records were sealed.
    I love you, always.

5. Tina

I stayed at St. Anne's In 1983 and gave birth to a healthy bouncing baby boy, David on June 22. My mother wanted me to give him up for adoption and I spoke to the adoption counselors every so often but they were never pushy and respected my decision to keep my son. I decided on Mother's day after coming home that Sunday evening after spending time with my own mom, finding a letter from the baby on each of our beds that wished us a Happy Mother's day. I am so thankful for having experienced so much hope and joy and dignity that each person have to me there, after experiencing such despair in my own high school after finding out I was pregnant, it was the best thing. Mrs. Cathy was our house mother and I don't remember the nuns names but they gave so much love and encouragement to us girls. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

6. Paula Brandon Long

I was a resident of St. Anne's 1979 &1980 and watched several little girls become warriors when they gave their beautiful newborn Angels up for adoption. They then would come back to St.Anne's bawling and empty handed to pack their belongings and return to families that refused to let them return with their babies. I remember one sweet girl who begged her parents week after week to allow her to bring her baby home but her mother had already made up a story about Valley Fever so it was out of the question. I remember the day she delivered as we would all get up and time contractions with whomever was next. My daughter was born June11,1980 and I was no warrior. We struggled for many years and I had 4 more Angels with two more men and all my babies struggled...because I was no warrior! So if you were given up for adoption know this she stared at you, she spent months trying to figure out how to keep you, she cries in her pillow and if your 75 she cries on your birthday. She loved you then, she loves you now and Your Mother is a WARRIOR and it started with YOU!
    That sweet little girl killed herself the next year and at the memorial her mother was blaming it on Valley Fever...some of us just aren't warriors!

7. Wesley Nakamatsu

Well I'm sure I will never find you or you would of found me by now , but if by chance you are looking for me I miss you so so much and I love you still even thou we never met all my life I've dreamed and hoped of meeting you and I had a lot of expectations of you and dad but I'm 36 now it's getting to be just a thing I do every night I think of you thinking of me . My name is Wesley I was born at this St. Anne's Hospital, occidental st. In Los Angeles . I Born on march 17,1976. I got a letter from the adoption agency or the foster care place I'm not to sure, but it was brief about my birth parents ..if you are out there and I am the same as you then I still think you miss and think and I hope looking for me too.. I can't get anywhere past these blogs or anywhere I just can't figure out how well if not i would love to find my family brothers or sisters anyone out there or am I just alone ? I have has a great youth but always had a tough and very sad time about adoption I can go on forever and I hope to one day with you or dad or my family ? Well my parents are Japanese eye doctor (optometrist ) and my adopted mother is a retired school teacher now.. Thank you I do love them but they are so much different it's ok I learned a lot it took a long time but I did and now I have a son and a daughter both of them I am raising alone single father now I understand why you or all adoptions might be chosen ,me never it is only because I dreamed of having them all my life never alone ,but it's tough but I have my family now and blood and they look and talk like me I am so happy and love them with all my heart . Well I thought this would be my last and only try to find all or my mother and father or any family who can help me or just meet me would change my world into such happiness . Thanks for all who listened and maybe tried to help!

8. Wilma Santos

17 yr old couple was unable to keep baby girl born February 17, 1972 born in Los Angeles, CA. Maiden name of Mother was PEARSON. Her father was military. Non ID papers do state that birth mother went to adoption agency at 7 months pregnant. The adoption agency they went thru is County of Ventura Human Services agency address is 1400 Vanguard dr suite c Oxnard CA 93033.. If ANY of this sounds familiar, would love to hear from you!!

9. Maggie

Looking for my half sister. My mother Susan Martinez gave birth to her on 12/19/70 and gave her the name Melissa Rose Martinez but I think it was changed by the adoptive parents.

10. Joe Matson

Hello...I was born at st Annes on June 13 1961.
    I'm trying to find out who my father is..
    I've been told many different stories but still have no idea.
    Are there any types of records kept regarding my birth..?
    I may even have siblings that I'm not aware of...
    Any help would be appreciated.

How Matson..