Fishers of Men Comments

Fishers of Men By the Honorable Senator Rick Santorum Like most American Catholics, I have followed the recent sex scandals in the Church with profound sympathy for victims, revulsion over priests who prey on minors and frustration at the absence of hierarchical leadership. Unlike most, I have been visited by the gift of hope; for I see in this fall an opportunity for ecclesial rebirth and a new evangelization of America. This "new ... Continue Reading

1. Bob Boldt

I recently left what I thought was a considered critique of Rick Santorum's comments blaming Liberalism for many of the longstanding historical corruptions of the clergy and the Catholic hierarchy. I think I have allowed sufficient time for my comments to be administrated and posted. I can only assume my comments have been arbitrarily omitted. As one who has found many aspects of Roman Catholicism quite laudable, I am shocked at your (as the Church's Internet representative) fear of dissent, especially on an allegedly open forum. If you do not wish comments on your articles, I wish you would just close the site to further comments. It would save us both a lot of time and aggravation.

Bob Boldt

2. Mike

" "private" moral matters such as alternative lifestyles."
    The honorable senator should learn the difference between the activities of consenting adults, and the rape of children - an activity for which there is no consent, and for which hierarchy of the church has done nothing but cover up

3. Tualha

Gee, Rick, I think maybe those wacky Boston liberals understand the difference between consensual acts between adults, which harm no one, and non-consensual rape of a child, which harms the hell out of the child. Which is more than you understand, apparently.

4. John Egan

Two questions, Senator:
    (1) If "it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm", then what is your explanation for Spokane and Miami and Detroit and San Antonio and Chicago and Los Angeles and Pittsburgh and . . . . . ?
    (2) What is your position on the death penalty? A llittle more "nuanced", shall we say? But I'll bet you haven't been denied Communion recently because of it.

5. June Hamilton

Mr. Santorum: I am a Presbyterian from Main Lilne Philadelphia, and after your double digit loss to Casey in the last senatorial election am surprised to see you running for president. That's not the point; I recently heard you expounding on President Obama and the current administration taking away America's freedoms, yet if you are elected to ANY position, you will strive to make abortion illegal, which removes a woman's right to choose. This difficult choice may be made for medical, personal or financial reasons, yet that matters not to you and your ilk. You have resources to feed, clothe & educate your many children, but not everyone does. (In fact the State of PA was helping you with the education part in a questionable situation.)

How can you claim to be a Christian when you don't support providing medical care for everyone and other necessities to those who cannot afford them?

The conservative Republican (i.e. Tea Party) line seems to be "get them born no matter what then cut them off.

6. Lypearraree

Awesome, I didn't know about that up to the present. Cheers!!

7. bonface

amazing article, keep them posted. be blessed

8. mona lisa

Rick Santorum, do not be afraid, God is obviously calling you to great things. We are a confused society. Lord hear us, and through Our Lady, let us come to you! Rick Santorum, we are sparring you on!!!

9. Britney

Hey gracious transmit .... Keep up the inordinate work

10. mona evans

shame on rick santorum for not living the christ way. instead he adheres to his rigid, uninformed and truly unchristian personal beliefs.

he owes an apology to followers of other faiths who honor the one, same God of all men.