Dr. Beena George Named New UST Cameron Dean
Dr. Beena George Named New UST Cameron Dean
Dr. Beena George is the fourth dean of the University of St. Thomas Cameron School of Business effective on May 20. George previously served as the associate dean of the Cameron School and contributed to the school's elite accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
"We should develop and maintain a strong community of learners where all students are encouraged and supported to achieve their best. We want to create an innovative portfolio of program offerings that supports the school's mission and meets the needs of the community we serve. We will continue our intellectual work to advance ideas that have an impact on practice in a manner that is mindful of business and development challenges," George said. "As we complete activities in support of these priorities, we will see continued success in educating students to be strong leaders making ethical decisions that result in business success and sustainability."
George teaches courses on business strategy and the use and management of information technology resources in organizations. In her classes, students are encouraged to share with each other their experiences in the business world, connecting in-class learning with real-life events.
Her course on sourcing management was awarded the Innovations in Information Systems Education award by the Association of Information Systems, the premier academic association in the information systems discipline.
The course is also recognized by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals as a bridge program for training for certification as a Certified Outsourcing Professional. With her involvement in the IAOP, George has helped put CSB on the map with the IAOP as an Academic Alliance Partner.
Dr. Dominic Aquila, vice president for Academic Affairs, is delighted that George emerged as the successful candidate in the University's national search for a dean.
"The entire University celebrates Dr. George's appointment, as evidenced by the thunderous applause she received when Dr. Ivany announced it at the April 30th Town Hall Meeting," Aquila said. "Like many on campus, I have worked closely with Dr. George on a range of projects. She does all things well and inspires those who work with her by her work ethic, sharp intellect, joyful spirit and affability. She is exactly the right person to take the Cameron School of Business to a new level of excellence."
Between her work at UST and spending time with her husband and three children - two who are UST graduates and the third who is a senior at UST - George volunteers at St. Laurence Catholic Church in Sugar Land.
George, a native of south India and a graduate of the Indian Institute of Management in Kolkata, India, has been teaching at UST since 2003. She received her doctorate in Management Information Systems from the business school at the University of Houston.
The University of St. Thomas, dedicated to educating leaders of faith and character, is a private institution committed to the liberal arts and to the religious, ethical and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education. St. Thomas is Houstonís only Catholic University and was founded by the Basilian Fathers.
Keywords: Dr. Beena George, University of St. Thomas, Cameron School of Business, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, Sourcing Management, International Association of Outsourcing Professionals, Dr. Dominic Aquila, St. Laurence Catholic Church
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- Seven in 10 college students graduate with loan debt
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Orsy No Evil: Georgetown University and Catholic Identity
- U.S. Conference of the Pontifical Academy of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Casa Juan Diego Founders Given Faithful Citizenship Award
- MAFC Grad Becomes a Passionist for Christ
- Another semester and deeper in debt: More than 70 percent of all college students reliant on aid
- Pope Francis Surprises Two Professors in Rome
- Professors Publish Philosophy Books
- Is it College or Kollege? Congress can't agree, so student loan rates will double on Monday
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?