Small Catholic Franciscan, four-year university
Briar Cliff University
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (Cathoilc Online) - Briar Cliff University is a small Catholic Franciscan, four-year liberal arts university. Situated on a beautiful hilltop overlooking Sioux City, Iowa, our campus offers safety, scenery, and a strong sense of community. With over 40 areas of study, students soon realize that learning comes to life at BCU. In addition to course work in your major, you will receive a solid foundation that helps you communicate effectively, think critically, appreciate diversity, and contribute to society. At Briar Cliff, part of our mission and our Catholic Franciscan heritage is to provide a values-based experience that goes beyond the typical liberal arts education and instills the values of personal integrity, social responsibility, and respect for all.
Briar Cliff will provide Apple iPads to all first-year, full-time students, beginning with the fall 2011 semester. Test driving the iPads are Sam Shanks, BCU's division chairperson of general education and assistant professor of theatre, and incoming freshmen Erica LoVan, North High School, left, and Brittany Copple, Peacemakers Academy, right.
Founded in 1930 by the Sisters of Saint Francis of Dubuque, Iowa, Briar Cliff is committed to traditions of service, caring, and openness to all. The University exemplifies strong Catholic Franciscan values and challenges its members to grow in self-awareness and in their relationships to others and to God.
Briar Cliff's dedicated professors are more than teachers. They are mentors, advisors, and your partners in learning. They are experts in their fields who conduct research, publish scholarly articles, maintain strong professional networks, and hold degrees from the nation's finest institutions. But above all, our professors are committed to your success.
We invite you to visit the Briar Cliff campus and experience the genuine feeling of acceptance that will forever shape your future. We recommend coming to campus on a weekday when classes are in session. To make the most of your visit, contact us a few days ahead of time.
Campus Ministry & Spiritual Life
∑ Antioch Retreat
∑ Bible Study
∑ Busy Person's Retreat
∑ Catholic Daughters of the Americas
∑ High School Confirmation Retreats
∑ Knights of Columbus
∑ Liturgical Ministries
∑ Mass and Special Prayer Services
∑ Peace and Justice Advocacy
∑ Prayer Groups and Faith Sharing
∑ Mission Trips
∑ Pastoral Counseling
∑ RCIA (Rite of Christian Education for Adults)
∑ 30 Hour Fast
4-year, coed, private, selective university
3 ten-week term academic structure
15:1 student-faculty ratio
19 students in an average class
40+ academic majors and preprofessional programs
60 full-time faculty, with 68% holding doctorate or terminal degrees
35+ clubs and organizations
19 varsity sports (NAIA Great Plains Athletic Conference)
96% placement within six months of graduation
98% of undergraduates receive financial aid
$25 million in financial assistance awarded each year
24-hour security on our scenic hilltop campus
140,000 residents in the Sioux City metro area
Men: baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, soccer, tennis, track & field, wrestling
Women: basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, track & field, volleyball
Education (Elementary and Secondary)
Health, Physical Education and Recreation
Human Resource Management
Journalism and Mass Communication
Management Information Systems
Contact the Office of Admissions, Briar Cliff University, 3303 Rebecca Street, Sioux City, IA 51104; PHONE 800-662-3303, ext 5200; FAX 712-279-1632; WEBSITE www./briarcliff.edu; EMAIL email@example.com.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- Women Succeed in UST Engineering, CUA is New Partner
- Mardi Gras King, Queen Exemplify UST Mission
- 40 Celts March for Life in Washington
- GRACE Goes International With Irish Teachers
- Seven in 10 college students graduate with loan debt
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Orsy No Evil: Georgetown University and Catholic Identity
- U.S. Conference of the Pontifical Academy of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Casa Juan Diego Founders Given Faithful Citizenship Award
- MAFC Grad Becomes a Passionist for Christ
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?