BCU Nursing Professor Presents at International Conference
Documenting Client Care
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (Cathoilc Online) - Victoria L. S. Britson, Ph.D., ARNP-BC, CNE, professor of nursing at Briar Cliff University, recently presented "Imagine Our Education" at the Omaha System International Conference in Minneapolis.
"I have used the Omaha System for the past 10 years of my professional career," said Dr. Britson, program director for the Master of Science in Nursing at Briar Cliff. "This system is beneficial because it allows nurses to keep an organized, detailed account of every patient's visit to the hospital."
The Omaha System is intended for use across the continuum of care for individuals, families and communities who represent all ages, geographic locations, medical diagnoses, socio-economic ranges, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity and cultural values.
The "Imagine Our Education" workshop was attended by healthcare practitioners, managers, administrators, educators, students, programmers and IT staff who have the responsibility of teaching others in their organizations.
Briar Cliff University is a Catholic institution with an enrollment of more than 1,150 students from 29 states and 11 countries. Students are educated in the Franciscan tradition of excellence in the liberal arts and career preparation in an environment of care, compassion and service. For more information, please visit briarcliff.edu and http://www.briarcliff.edu/departments/nursing/new_nursing/nursing_home.aspx.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- Women Succeed in UST Engineering, CUA is New Partner
- Mardi Gras King, Queen Exemplify UST Mission
- 40 Celts March for Life in Washington
- GRACE Goes International With Irish Teachers
- Seven in 10 college students graduate with loan debt
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Orsy No Evil: Georgetown University and Catholic Identity
- U.S. Conference of the Pontifical Academy of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Casa Juan Diego Founders Given Faithful Citizenship Award
- MAFC Grad Becomes a Passionist for Christ
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?