BCU Music Majors Present Student Conductors' Recital
Briar Cliff Student Conductors Will Lead a Program of Choral Works
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (Catholic Online) - Briar Cliff University music majors recently presented the Student Conductors' Recital in the Chapel of Our Lady of Grace on campus. At this free public event, the following Briar Cliff student conductors led a program of varied choral works with BCU's Chamber Choir: Gabriel Alves, Recife-Pernambuco, Brazil; Christopher Hanson, Sioux City; Alexander Hoefling, Moorhead, Iowa; and Zachery Thomas, Council Bluffs, Iowa.
"The fact that we offer our undergraduate music majors opportunities to conduct an entire recital program with our top auditioned choral ensemble is extremely unique, not only among institutions of higher education in Northwest Iowa, but throughout the U.S.," said Dr. Sean Burton, assistant professor of music, Director of Choral Activities and division chairperson of Arts and Humanities at BCU.
Briar Cliff University is a Catholic institution with an enrollment of more than 1,150 students from 29 states and 11 countries. Students are educated in the Franciscan tradition of excellence in the liberal arts and career preparation in an environment of care, compassion and service. For more information, please visit briarcliff.edu and http://www.briarcliff.edu/departments/music/index.aspx.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: music, choral, conduct, recital, college, catholic, concert, music major
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- Chart-Topping Sister Mary Josefa Reflects on Thomas Aquinas College
- UST Alumni Grant Funds to St. Thomas Students
- Faith, Truth Focus of Speakers at UST Commencement
- Dr. Beena George Named New UST Cameron Dean
- UST Honors Student Sings Her Way to Grad School
- Archbishop Josť H. Gomez at Franciscan University: In this Time of Mission
- Brother and Sister Plant It Forward at UST
- UST's Macias Accepted to Thomistic Seminar
- UST's Taco Tasting Raises $35,000 for Scholarships
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?