BCU Music Majors Present Student Conductors' Recital
Briar Cliff Student Conductors Will Lead a Program of Choral Works
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (Catholic Online) - Briar Cliff University music majors recently presented the Student Conductors' Recital in the Chapel of Our Lady of Grace on campus. At this free public event, the following Briar Cliff student conductors led a program of varied choral works with BCU's Chamber Choir: Gabriel Alves, Recife-Pernambuco, Brazil; Christopher Hanson, Sioux City; Alexander Hoefling, Moorhead, Iowa; and Zachery Thomas, Council Bluffs, Iowa.
"The fact that we offer our undergraduate music majors opportunities to conduct an entire recital program with our top auditioned choral ensemble is extremely unique, not only among institutions of higher education in Northwest Iowa, but throughout the U.S.," said Dr. Sean Burton, assistant professor of music, Director of Choral Activities and division chairperson of Arts and Humanities at BCU.
Briar Cliff University is a Catholic institution with an enrollment of more than 1,150 students from 29 states and 11 countries. Students are educated in the Franciscan tradition of excellence in the liberal arts and career preparation in an environment of care, compassion and service. For more information, please visit briarcliff.edu and http://www.briarcliff.edu/departments/music/index.aspx.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- Women Succeed in UST Engineering, CUA is New Partner
- Mardi Gras King, Queen Exemplify UST Mission
- 40 Celts March for Life in Washington
- GRACE Goes International With Irish Teachers
- Seven in 10 college students graduate with loan debt
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Orsy No Evil: Georgetown University and Catholic Identity
- U.S. Conference of the Pontifical Academy of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Casa Juan Diego Founders Given Faithful Citizenship Award
- MAFC Grad Becomes a Passionist for Christ
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?