Briar Cliff Awards Scholarships and Grants
Help Tanzanian High School Seniors and Businesswomen
Briar Cliff University's Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) and Siouxland Tanzania Educational and Medical Ministries (STEMM) recently awarded scholarships and grants to Tanzanian high school seniors and businesswomen.
SIFE and STEMM also gave "Promising Future Women's Entrepreneurship" grants to these Tanzanian businesswomen: Carolina Frank, clothing retailer; Agnes Jacob, maize wholesaler; Ashura Juma, dairy vendor; Mercedes Kavishe, clothing wholesaler; Helima Mohammed, egg farmer; Elinaisha Nyari, banana wholesaler; and Bethy Pereira, chicken farmer.
A non-profit organization, SIFE works with businesses, colleges and universities to assist students in developing leadership, teamwork and communication skills through learning, practicing and teaching free enterprise principles. For more information, contact Marilyn Eastman, BCU assistant professor of business and SIFE faculty advisor, at 279-1799.
STEMM, founded by Dr. Steven Meyer in 1997, assists Tanzanians through spiritual, medical and educational services. For more information, call 258-8282 and visit www.stemm.org.
Briar Cliff University is a Catholic institution with an enrollment of more than 1,150 students from 29 states and 11 countries. Students are educated in the Franciscan tradition of excellence in the liberal arts and career preparation in an environment of care, compassion and service. For more information, please visit briarcliff.edu.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- University of St. Thomas Honors Research Goes 6 Feet Under
- What the devil?! Bill Gates wants your college info so he can tell you what classes to take
- Two Cardinals, a Theologian and a Historian to Lecture at the University of St. Thomas
- Women Succeed in UST Engineering, CUA is New Partner
- Mardi Gras King, Queen Exemplify UST Mission
- 40 Celts March for Life in Washington
- GRACE Goes International With Irish Teachers
- Seven in 10 college students graduate with loan debt
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Orsy No Evil: Georgetown University and Catholic Identity
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?