Gay Activists Denied Communion at Catholic College Mass by Archbishop Nienstedt
institution of civil society. He has shown what I recently called "Episcopal Courage in Defending Marriage and Family" and is being singled out for his courageous defense of the truth. He recently sent out a DVD defending marriage and calling the faithful to do so with their votes in the upcoming elections. This is the reason he is being opposed by homosexual equivalency activists.
Homosexual sexual acts, even if engaged in with one partner for a long time, are not the equivalent of a marriage, no matter what any court or legislature may say. The reason that marriage - and the family founded upon it - has become the foundation of civil societies across ethnic, geographical, religious and racial communities is because it is an institution revealed by the Natural Law which can be known by all through the exercise of reason. Marriage is not simply a "religious" construct. It must not be redefined or replaced if we hope to promote the true common good. The effort of the "Human Rights Campaign" to equate how one engages in non-marital sexual acts with a member of the same sex to being a member of a particular race or gender (thereby making practicing homosexuals a "protected class" for civil rights purposes) is legally and socially dangerous. One is a status; the other involves a behavior and a lifestyle.
Though disputed, some maintain that same sex attraction is a genetic predisposition. Even if it were the case, that should not give homosexual practice a "civil rights" status. Should we then give other disordered appetites civil rights status? Certainly, those who engage in a homosexual lifestyle should be treated with the human dignity that they deserve and not be discriminated against. However, that is because they are human not because of their sexual behavior. Homosexual sexual acts are simply homosexual sexual acts. Our bodies do not lie, they speak the language written within their constitution and confirmed in the Natural Law which binds us all.
The Homosexual Equivalency Movement is now engaged in open defiance right within the sanctuary of the Catholic Church. This offense against the Church masquerades as a call for equal rights. Notice the name of the organization at St. John's and the use of the term "sexual minorities". This group also uses the language of compassion. In reality the Homosexual Equivalency Movement is engaged in an effort to censor the Catholic Church and radically reconstruct western culture. Exposing and opposing these activities is an important undertaking.
Those in our midst who struggle with same sex attraction need to be given the truth which will help to set them free. They should be shown true compassion such as that offered by authentic ministries to homosexual persons like Courage http://couragerc.net/ which is faithful to the teaching of the Catholic Church. Dissident groups being assisted by Organizations like the Human Rights Campaign such as the small group at St. Johns Abbey must be exposed and opposed by all faithful Catholics.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: homosexual, gay, mass, homosexualagenda, pope, marriage, ArchbishopNienstedt
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- Chart-Topping Sister Mary Josefa Reflects on Thomas Aquinas College
- UST Alumni Grant Funds to St. Thomas Students
- Faith, Truth Focus of Speakers at UST Commencement
- Dr. Beena George Named New UST Cameron Dean
- UST Honors Student Sings Her Way to Grad School
- Archbishop Josť H. Gomez at Franciscan University: In this Time of Mission
- Brother and Sister Plant It Forward at UST
- UST's Macias Accepted to Thomistic Seminar
- UST's Taco Tasting Raises $35,000 for Scholarships
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?