Tiny college that could
New College of Florida produces many Fulbright scholars
It's the case of a tiny college that could. New College of Florida, a relatively small campus with only 800 students, has produced six Fulbright scholars this year alone. This makes the small university the leader in an international academic program that awards scholarships to 1,500 applicants per year.
The New College of Florida has a lot to crow about. According to the Washington Post, the college has more Fulbright scholars per capita in past years than Harvard or Yale.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- Seven in 10 college students graduate with loan debt
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Orsy No Evil: Georgetown University and Catholic Identity
- U.S. Conference of the Pontifical Academy of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Casa Juan Diego Founders Given Faithful Citizenship Award
- MAFC Grad Becomes a Passionist for Christ
- Another semester and deeper in debt: More than 70 percent of all college students reliant on aid
- Pope Francis Surprises Two Professors in Rome
- Professors Publish Philosophy Books
- Is it College or Kollege? Congress can't agree, so student loan rates will double on Monday
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?