One in five college students have driven drunk
Alcohol abuse among the young remains growing concern
The next time you see a car on the road with a college bumper sticker or license plate holder, you may want to give that driver considerable space. A recent study on college students who drink and drive has proven to be extremely sobering.
Researchers looked at instances of college students riding with a driver under the influence, driving after drinking alcohol and driving while intoxicated. All of these behaviors were found to be common.
Arria says the study strengthen the argument to keep the drinking age at 21, and that lowering the drinking age would create a ripe environment for additional alcohol-related traffic incidences.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- University of St. Thomas Honors Research Goes 6 Feet Under
- What the devil?! Bill Gates wants your college info so he can tell you what classes to take
- Two Cardinals, a Theologian and a Historian to Lecture at the University of St. Thomas
- Women Succeed in UST Engineering, CUA is New Partner
- Mardi Gras King, Queen Exemplify UST Mission
- 40 Celts March for Life in Washington
- GRACE Goes International With Irish Teachers
- Seven in 10 college students graduate with loan debt
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Orsy No Evil: Georgetown University and Catholic Identity
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?