BC Theology Dept. Hosting 'Jesus Christ as Grand Marshall of Queer America'?
In terms of Catholicism, Russo believes that the laity of the Church and liberation theology have been more open to the queer community than ‘certain Biblical literalists.’
According to The Observer, the talk “will address the relationship between the queer community and Christianity.”
The article goes on to say that, “In terms of Catholicism, Russo believes that the laity of the Church and liberation theology have been more open to the queer community than ‘certain Biblical literalists.’”
The Observer reports that Loyola’s Russo expects the Catholic Church, in time, to accept homosexual relationships.
“Queers can embody a Christian lifestyle and still be in healthy homosexual relationships,” argues Ann Russo.
The talk, first conceived by the U.S. Jesuit Interreligious Advisory Board, is seen as an implementation of the “directives of the 34th General Congregation on dialogue.”
- - -
The Cardinal Newman Society is dedicated to renewing and strengthening Catholic identity at America's 224 Catholic colleges and universities.This article is used with permission.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- UST's Macias Accepted to Thomistic Seminar
- UST's Taco Tasting Raises $35,000 for Scholarships
- Hattrup Dissertation Unanimously Passed at UST
- Learning Knows No Age for Grad
- UST Grad Speaker Highlights Leading with Faith, Character
- College Students: Promote Human Dignity, Boycott Study Abroad Programs in China
- Environmental Science Grad Loves Conservation
- UST Grad Mathematician Calculates Perfect Speech
- UST Alumna Directs Mother Teresa Play
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?