Maryland Coalition Against Pornography Condemns Georgetown U
We condemn Georgetown University leaders for promoting sexual perversions that are physically, emotionally and spiritually harmful.
On February 24, a session featured a speaker from a pro-fetishism, pro-bondage, and pro-cross-dressing organization. On February 25, Ash Wednesday, the session on "Torn about Porn?" discussed alternative forms of pornography that are allegedly not exploitative. On February 28, pornographic film maker/director Tristan Taormino and open marriage promoter Jenny Block addressed "Relationships Beyond Monogamy." The Guerilla Theatre advertised a public square event with people on soapboxes arguing about pornography, and with soapbox readings of 'sex-positive' poetry during class breaks.
We condemn Georgetown University leaders for promoting sexual perversions that are physically, emotionally and spiritually harmful. The events' organizers defend this explicit endorsement of perversity as open-minded sexual expression. We reject this reasoning as false. We cannot understand how Georgetown University could promote sexual anti-values that are blatantly opposed to the health and well-being of Georgetown students.
The Maryland Coalition Against Pornography is a secular organization protecting children and families against the harmful effects of pornography. MCAP also serves as a resource to local, state and federal legislatures in passing laws that protect children and teens from child pornographers, online predators, and pedophiles.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More College & University News
- Seven in 10 college students graduate with loan debt
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Orsy No Evil: Georgetown University and Catholic Identity
- U.S. Conference of the Pontifical Academy of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Casa Juan Diego Founders Given Faithful Citizenship Award
- MAFC Grad Becomes a Passionist for Christ
- Another semester and deeper in debt: More than 70 percent of all college students reliant on aid
- Pope Francis Surprises Two Professors in Rome
- Professors Publish Philosophy Books
- Is it College or Kollege? Congress can't agree, so student loan rates will double on Monday
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?