The "second founder" of the Franciscans, St. Bonaventure led the ever growing order with great holiness and profound prudence. He became bishop, cardinal, and was declared a saint and doctor of the Church. He stressed not only the importance of learning with the intellect, but of loving with the heart, and so gained the title of the "Seraphic Doctor."
The "second founder" of the Franciscans, St. Bonaventure led the ever growing order with great holiness and profound prudence.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2014
Christmas, hope for humanity: That the birth of the Redeemer may bring peace and hope to all people of good will.
Parents: That parents may be true evangelizers, passing on to their children the precious gift of faith.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Christmas / Advent News
- Amazing Realities of Christmas and the Incarnation
- Life is an Advent Search for God: The Importance of Effort
- Advent: A Time To Seek Answers To Humankind's Most Pressing Questions
- Advent: Dominus humilitate adveniet: The Lord Will Come by Humility
- Gaudete Sunday: We Rejoice Because the Lord is Always Near
- Learning from Elijah in the Advent Season of Life
- ADVENT CONVERSION: Is it Possible to Stop Sinning? 5 Ways we can Sin Less
- Archbishop JOSÉ H. GOMEZ: Advent is Always a Season of Mary
- 100 Best Recordings of Sacred Music
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?