Arizona and Wisconsin advance in West
The "Sweet Sixteen," the fourth round of the NCAA Division 1 basketball tournament is halfway over and eleventh-seeded University of Dayton (27-10, 10-6) has advanced into the "Elite Eight" after an 82-72 Victory over Stanford University (23-13, 10-8) on March 27, marking the first time that team has entered the fifth round since 1984.
In the West, number one seed University of Arizona (33-4, 15-3) knocked out fourth seeded San Diego State University (31-5, 16-2) 70-64 and will play second-seeded University of Wisconsin (29-7, 12-6) after they defeated the sixth seed, Baylor University (26-12, 9-9) 69-52.
Both the East and Midwest divisions of the tournament will play their games on March 28.
In the East, first seed University of Virginia (30-6, 16-2) takes on fourth-seeded Michigan State University (28-8, 12-6), and third seed Iowa State University (20-13, 9-9) plays University of Connecticut (28-8, 12-6).
The Midwest has fourth-seeded University of Louisville (31-5, 15-3) take on eighth-seeded University of Kentucky (26-10, 12-6), while second seed University of Michigan (27-8, 15-3) plays the 11th-seeded University of Tennessee (24-12, 11-7).
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for July 2014
Sports: That sports may always be occasions of human fraternity and growth.
Lay Missionaries: That the Holy Spirit may support the work of the laity who proclaim the Gospel in the poorest countries.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Sports News
- It's the CATHOLIC WORLD CUP: Who are you praying for? Team Benedict or Team Francis?
- Germany destroys Brazil in 7-1 match
- Americans blow up twitter after U.S. World Cup game
- San Diego and the MLB mourn the passing of 'Mr. Padre'
- Football legend Chuck Noll dies
- Sterling backs out of record $2 billion deal for Clippers
- Is he insane? Sterling sells Clippers to Microsoft CEO for record breaking $2-billion
- Three-year trip around the world in primitive vessels sets out
- UN 'expert' condemns Redskins football team
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?