Arizona and Wisconsin advance in West
The "Sweet Sixteen," the fourth round of the NCAA Division 1 basketball tournament is halfway over and eleventh-seeded University of Dayton (27-10, 10-6) has advanced into the "Elite Eight" after an 82-72 Victory over Stanford University (23-13, 10-8) on March 27, marking the first time that team has entered the fifth round since 1984.
In the West, number one seed University of Arizona (33-4, 15-3) knocked out fourth seeded San Diego State University (31-5, 16-2) 70-64 and will play second-seeded University of Wisconsin (29-7, 12-6) after they defeated the sixth seed, Baylor University (26-12, 9-9) 69-52.
Both the East and Midwest divisions of the tournament will play their games on March 28.
In the East, first seed University of Virginia (30-6, 16-2) takes on fourth-seeded Michigan State University (28-8, 12-6), and third seed Iowa State University (20-13, 9-9) plays University of Connecticut (28-8, 12-6).
The Midwest has fourth-seeded University of Louisville (31-5, 15-3) take on eighth-seeded University of Kentucky (26-10, 12-6), while second seed University of Michigan (27-8, 15-3) plays the 11th-seeded University of Tennessee (24-12, 11-7).
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for January 2015
General Intention: That those from diverse religious traditions and all people of good will may work together for peace.
Missionary Intention: That in this year dedicated to consecrated life, religious men and women may rediscover the joy of following Christ and strive to serve the poor with zeal.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Sports News
- Following devestating loss to Seattle, 49ers look to replace Harbaugh in trade
- PILLGATE: Federal agents begin probe into NFL drug abuse
- Giants beat Royals in Game 7 for eighth championship title
- Where will it end? Manning breaks touchdown pass record against 49ers
- Ishikawa sends the Giants to the World Series after a three-run homer
- After Orioles bumb Yankees from playoffs, Derek Jeter gets set to retire
- Sterling is out and Ballmer is in!
- It's the CATHOLIC WORLD CUP: Who are you praying for? Team Benedict or Team Francis?
- Germany destroys Brazil in 7-1 match
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?