Christmas in a Nutshell
The message that we find in today's video is clear enough: Christmas is about Jesus. Amongst all the gifts, the wrappings, the fruitcakes, the visits to Santa Clause, and everything else, don't forget what's most important: Jesus.
Then, find ways to encourage those around you do the same.
Remind them to be silent and listen to God by the way you are listen and care for what's going on in their lives.
Remind them to be thankful by your joy for all the blessings you have received. Remind them to be love by your acts of friendship and generosity.
This year, let the phrase "Merry Christmas" be more than a simple greeting. Let it be a concrete goal for which we strive. Let us go and bring the transforming joy of Christ out into the world and into the lives of all those around us.
Catholic-link.com is a website run by a group of young Catholics seeking to offer videos and resources to help others in their apostolate. See us on Facebook!
The original video can be bought for public use here.
Videos and resources for Catholic apostolate.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Christmas / Advent News
- Tuesday, July 22 - Homily - Mary's Perpetual Virginity
- Monday, July 14 - Homily: St. Bonaventure the Seraphic Doctor
- Tuesday, July 1 - Homily: The Precious Blood and the Virtue of Modesty
- Central American sugar cane workers perishing from rare kidney disease
- Papyrus that suggests Jesus was married is genuine, but it still doesn't prove much
- Billions seized in China's biggest corruption scandal in six decades
- May We Be Counted as Oxes and Asses before Jesus
- Reflections on the Closing of the Season of Advent
- Mary Jo Matthews on Christmas Memories
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?