class=s1>George Bernanos, Monsieur Quine, 1943.
Graham Greene, The Ministry of Fear, 1943
Hermann Broch, The Death of Virgil, 1945.
Evelyn Waugh, Brideshead Revisited, 1945.
Francois Mauriac, A Woman of the Pharisees, 1946.
Franz Werfel, Star of the Unborn, 1946.
Graham Greene, The Heart of the Matter, 1948.
Giovanni Guareschi, Little World of Don Camillo, 1948.
Evelyn Waugh, Helena, 1950.
Elisabeth Langgasser, The Quest, 1950.
Graham Greene, The End of the Affair, 1951.
Paul Horgan, Things As They Are, 1951
Flannery O'Connor, Wise Blood, 1952.
Jose Maria Gironella, The Cypresses Believe in God, 1953.
Jack Kerouac, On the Road, 1957.
John Howard Griffin, The Devil Rides Outside, 1952.
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, 1954-55.
Heimito von Doderer, The Demons, 1956.
Julien Green, The Transgressor, 1956.
Alfred Doblin, Tales of a Long Night, 1956.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: novels, Catholic, great, best, 100, writers, literature, Deal Hudson, Dr Deal Hudson
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Christmas / Advent News
- A Layman's Plea for Tolerance of Catholics
- A Question For The Christmas Season: Do You Want To Become A Saint?
- Every Leader Supporting Abortion is Herod, Every Child Killed a Holy Innocent
- Feast of St. Stephen, Proto-Martyr, Calls us to Reflect on the Gift of Deacons
- Fr. Sly on the Feast of St John in the Octave of Christmas
- Welcoming the Birth of the Redeemer in the Womb: Jesus was an Embryonic Person
- Merry Christmas: Love is Born on Christmas Morn and the World is Born Anew
- Pope St Leo the Great: Christian, Remember Your Dignity
- Pope Benedict XVI: If God's Light is Extinguished, Man's Divine Dignity is also Extinguished
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?