Through the generating of his Son in his bosom from all eternity, he forecasts the generation of his Son as Man in the pure womb of this Mother, and he clothed her from her conception in the radiant snowy garment of grace and of most perfect sanctity; she participates in his perfection.
The Son who chose her for his Mother poured his wisdom into her that from the very beginning, by infused knowledge, she knew her God. She loved and served him in the most perfect manner as he never until then had been loved and served on this earth.
The Holy Spirit poured his love into her; she was the only creature worthy or capable of receiving this love unlimited measure because no other had sufficient purity to come so near to God; and being near to him could know and love him ever more. She was the only creature capable of containing the stream of love which poured into her from on high.
She alone was worthy to return to him from whom came that love. This very love prepared her for that “Fiat” which delivered the world from the tyranny of the infernal enemy and overshadowed her, the purest of doves, making her pregnant with the Son of God.
Oh my Mother, how ashamed I feel in your presence, weighted down as I am with faults! You are most pure and immaculate from the moment of your conception, indeed from the moment in eternity when you were conceived in the mind of God.
Have pity on me! May one compassionate look of yours revive me, purify me, and lift me up to God; raising me from the filth of this world that I may go to him who created me, who regenerated me in Holy Baptism, giving me back my white stole of innocence that original sin had so defiled.
Dear Mother, make me love him! Pour into my heart that love that burned in yours for him. Even though I be clothed in misery, I revere the mystery of your Immaculate Conception, and I ardently wish that through it you may purify my heart so that I may love your God and my God.
Cleanse my mind that it may reach up to him and contemplate him and adore him in spirit and in truth. Purify my body tat I too may be a tabernacle for im and be less unworthy of possessing him when he deigns to come to me in Holy Communion. Amen.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Christmas / Advent News
- May We Be Counted as Oxes and Asses before Jesus
- Reflections on the Closing of the Season of Advent
- Mary Jo Matthews on Christmas Memories
- Seeking Happiness This Christmas? Seek Jesus Christ: The Son of God Who Became Man For The Love of Humanity
- Advent Reflection: Learning From the Silence and Way of St. Joseph
- An Advent Poem: The Star Still Shines
- Gaudete Sunday: We Rejoice Because the Lord is Always Near
- The Solemnity of The Immaculate Conception: The Virgin Mary and Advent
- Mother of the Re-Created World: St. Anselm on the Immaculate Conception
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?