Daily Reading for Monday, September 15th, 2014
Reading 1, Hebrews 5:7-9
8 he learnt obedience, Son though he was, through his sufferings;
9 when he had been perfected, he became for all who obey him the source of eternal salvation
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 31:2-3, 3-4, 5-6, 15-16, 20
2 turn your ear to me, make haste. Be for me a rock-fastness, a fortified citadel to save me.
3 You are my rock, my rampart; true to your name, lead me and guide me!
4 Draw me out of the net they have spread for me, for you are my refuge;
5 to your hands I commit my spirit, by you have I been redeemed. God of truth,
6 you hate those who serve useless idols; but my trust is in Yahweh:
15 every moment of my life is in your hands, rescue me from the clutches of my foes who pursue me;
16 let your face shine on your servant, save me in your faithful love.
20 Safe in your presence you hide them, far from human plotting, shielding them in your tent, far from contentious tongues.
Gospel, John 19:25-27
Reading 1, Sirach 5:1-8: 1 Do not put your confidence in your money or say, 'With this I ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 1:1-2, 3-4, 6: 1 How blessed is anyone who rejects the advice ... Gospel, Mark 9:41-50: 41 'If anyone gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD Video
- Why are there more Muslims than Christians in Britain's religious ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, February 24, 2017
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South ...
- London's famed 'actors' church' reveals marvelously beautiful new ...
- St. John Theristus: Saint of the Day for Friday, February 24, 2017
- Atheist teacher accuses Christian students of harassment for inviting ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 24th, 2017 HD
- Scientists predict Biblical flood for California HD
- New pilgrimage route recreates Jesus' footsteps HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.