Daily Reading for Monday, November 5th, 2012
Reading 1, Philippians 2:1-4
2 make my joy complete by being of a single mind, one in love, one in heart and one in mind.
4 everyone pursuing not selfish interests but those of others.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 131:1, 2, 3
1 [Song of Ascents] Yahweh, my heart is not haughty, I do not set my sights too high. I have taken no part in great affairs, in wonders beyond my scope.
2 No, I hold myself in quiet and silence, like a little child in its mother's arms, like a little child, so I keep myself.
Gospel, Luke 14:12-14
12 Then he said to his host, 'When you give a lunch or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relations or rich neighbours, in case they invite you back and so repay you.
13 No; when you have a party, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind;
Reading 1, Exodus 14:5-18: 5 When Pharaoh king of Egypt was told that the people had fled, ... Responsorial Psalm, Exodus 15:1-2, 3-4, 5-6: 1 It was then that Moses and the Israelites ... Gospel, Matthew 12:38-42: 38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees spoke up. 'Master,' ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Boy invites Pope on a pilgrimage, and the Pope's answer may surprise you!
- Scientists discover elusive 'Angel Particles' are real
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD Video
- St. James the Greater: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- As more women learn, they are ditching the pill and other contraceptives
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat of ISIS HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD