Daily Reading for Monday, November 5th, 2012
Reading 1, Philippians 2:1-4
2 make my joy complete by being of a single mind, one in love, one in heart and one in mind.
4 everyone pursuing not selfish interests but those of others.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 131:1, 2, 3
1 [Song of Ascents] Yahweh, my heart is not haughty, I do not set my sights too high. I have taken no part in great affairs, in wonders beyond my scope.
2 No, I hold myself in quiet and silence, like a little child in its mother's arms, like a little child, so I keep myself.
Gospel, Luke 14:12-14
12 Then he said to his host, 'When you give a lunch or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relations or rich neighbours, in case they invite you back and so repay you.
13 No; when you have a party, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind;
Reading 1, First Peter 5:5-14: 5 In the same way, younger people, be subject to the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 6-7, 16-17: 2 for you have said: love is built to last ... Gospel, Mark 16:15-20: 15 And he said to them, 'Go out to the whole world; proclaim the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 27th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Cletus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Pope Francis offers Egypt a special video message - 'I am honoured to ...
- Decades-old conundrum solved by chance - Can one of nature's squiggly ...
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths ...
- A Christian miracle took place at the White House, so why isn't the ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Patron saints
- st bernadette
- pope francis
- St. John
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 4 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 HD
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist and a globalist HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.