Daily Reading for Friday, June 8th, 2012
Reading 1, Second Timothy 3:10-17
10 You, though, have followed my teaching, my way of life, my aims, my faith, my patience and my love, my perseverance
12 But anybody who tries to live in devotion to Christ is certain to be persecuted;
14 You must keep to what you have been taught and know to be true; remember who your teachers were,
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:157, 160, 161, 165, 166, 168
157 Though my enemies and oppressors are countless, I do not turn aside from your instructions.
160 Faithfulness is the essence of your word, your upright judgements hold good for ever.
161 Though princes hound me unprovoked, what fills me with awe is your word.
165 Great peace for those who love your Law; no stumbling-blocks for them!
166 I am waiting for your salvation, Yahweh, I fulfil your commandments.
168 I observe your precepts, your judgements, for all my ways are before you.
Gospel, Mark 12:35-37
37 David himself calls him Lord; in what way then can he be his son?' And the great crowd listened to him with delight.
Reading 1, Acts 4:23-31: 23 As soon as they were released they went to the community and ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 2:1-3, 4-6, 7-9: 1 Why this uproar among the nations, this ... Gospel, John 3:1-8: 1 There was one of the Pharisees called Nicodemus, a leader of the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 HD Video
- What 2017 releases will YOU watch this summer? - A FULL LIST of ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Scientists discover a scary Antarctic mystery - how worried should we be?
- St. Mark: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Why Google, YouTube, Facebook and others need to be broken up -- or ...
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.