Daily Reading for Friday, June 8th, 2012
Reading 1, Second Timothy 3:10-17
10 You, though, have followed my teaching, my way of life, my aims, my faith, my patience and my love, my perseverance
12 But anybody who tries to live in devotion to Christ is certain to be persecuted;
14 You must keep to what you have been taught and know to be true; remember who your teachers were,
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:157, 160, 161, 165, 166, 168
157 Though my enemies and oppressors are countless, I do not turn aside from your instructions.
160 Faithfulness is the essence of your word, your upright judgements hold good for ever.
161 Though princes hound me unprovoked, what fills me with awe is your word.
165 Great peace for those who love your Law; no stumbling-blocks for them!
166 I am waiting for your salvation, Yahweh, I fulfil your commandments.
168 I observe your precepts, your judgements, for all my ways are before you.
Gospel, Mark 12:35-37
37 David himself calls him Lord; in what way then can he be his son?' And the great crowd listened to him with delight.
Reading 1, Exodus 11:10--12:14: 10 Moses and Aaron worked all these wonders in Pharaoh's ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 116:12-13, 15-16, 17-18: 12 What return can I make to Yahweh ... Gospel, Matthew 12:1-8: 1 At that time Jesus went through the cornfields one Sabbath day. ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- St. Mary Magdalene: Saint of the Day for Saturday, July 22, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Video captures moment killer quake strikes in Greece
- Daily Readings for Saturday, July 22, 2017
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD