Reading 1, Second Corinthians 4:7-15: 7 But we hold this treasure in pots of earthenware, ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6: 1 [Song of Ascents] When Yahweh brought ... Gospel, Matthew 20:20-28: 20 Then the mother of Zebedee's sons came with her sons to make ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis prays for Charlie Gard as family hopes to establish charity
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD Video
- St. James the Greater: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- ISIS slaughtered priest, Fr. Hamel, is remembered one year after ...
- Do you have what it takes to become a Catholic celebrity?
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat of ISIS HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD