Judges - Chapter 17
1 In the highlands of Ephraim there was a man called Micayehu.
2 He said to his mother, 'The eleven hundred silver shekels which were taken from you and concerning which you uttered a curse, having said in my hearing . . . Look, I have got that silver. I was the one who took it.' His mother said, 'May Yahweh bless my boy!'
3 He gave the eleven hundred shekels back to his mother, who said, 'I have indeed vowed to give this silver to Yahweh for my son, to have a statue carved and an idol cast in metal, but now I should like to give it back to you.' He, however, returned the money to his mother.
9 Micah asked him, 'Where do you come from?' The other replied, 'I am a Levite from Bethlehem in Judah. I am travelling, and am going to settle wherever I can find a home.'
11 The Levite agreed to remain in the man's house, and the young man became like one of his sons to him.
Reading 1, Genesis 15:1-12, 17-18: 1 Some time later, the word of Yahweh came to Abram in ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8-9: 1 Alleluia! Give thanks to Yahweh, call ... Gospel, Matthew 7:15-20: 15 'Beware of false prophets who come to you disguised as sheep ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- ISIS sex slave forced to EAT her COOKED one-year-old BABY
- Waymo announces self driving trucks, industry close to shifting
- Could man who destroyed Ten Commandments monument be possessed?
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD