1 Peter - Chapter 4
1 Peter Chapters
1 As Christ has undergone bodily suffering, you too should arm yourselves with the same conviction, that anyone who has undergone bodily suffering has broken with sin,
3 You spent quite long enough in the past living the sort of life that gentiles choose to live, behaving in a debauched way, giving way to your passions, drinking to excess, having wild parties and drunken orgies and sacrilegiously worshipping false gods.
5 They will have to answer for it before the judge who is to judge the living and the dead.
6 And this was why the gospel was brought to the dead as well, so that, though in their bodies they had undergone the judgement that faces all humanity, in their spirit they might enjoy the life of God.
10 Each one of you has received a special grace, so, like good stewards responsible for all these varied graces of God, put it at the service of others.
11 If anyone is a speaker, let it be as the words of God, if anyone serves, let it be as in strength granted by God; so that in everything God may receive the glory, through Jesus Christ, since to him alone belong all glory and power for ever and ever. Amen.
13 but in so far as you share in the sufferings of Christ, be glad, so that you may enjoy a much greater gladness when his glory is revealed.
16 but if any one of you should suffer for being a Christian, then there must be no shame but thanksgiving to God for bearing this name.
18 If it is hard for the upright to be saved, what will happen to the wicked and to sinners?
19 So even those whom God allows to suffer should commit themselves to a Creator who is trustworthy, and go on doing good.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 116:10, 15, 16-17, 18-19
Gospel, Mark 9:2-10
Reading 2, Romans 8:31-34
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Tarasius: Saint of the Day for Sunday, February 25, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 14
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 25th, 2018 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 12
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 13
- Daily Readings for Sunday, February 25, 2018
- The Biblical Seal of Isaiah has been found! HD Video
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education