1 Peter - Chapter 3
1 Peter Chapters
1 In the same way, you wives should be obedient to your husbands. Then if there are some husbands who do not believe the Word, they may find themselves won over, without a word spoken, by the way their wives behave,
4 but the interior disposition of the heart, consisting in the imperishable quality of a gentle and peaceful spirit, so precious in the sight of God.
5 That was how the holy women of the past dressed themselves attractively -- they hoped in God and were submissive to their husbands;
6 like Sarah, who was obedient to Abraham, and called him her lord. You are now her children, as long as you live good lives free from fear and worry.
7 In the same way, husbands must always treat their wives with consideration in their life together, respecting a woman as one who, though she may be the weaker partner, is equally an heir to the generous gift of life. This will prevent anything from coming in the way of your prayers.
10 For Who among you delights in life, longs for time to enjoy prosperity? Guard your tongue from evil, your lips from any breath of deceit.
11 Turn away from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the upright, his ear turned to their cry. But the Lord's face is set against those who do evil.
18 Christ himself died once and for all for sins, the upright for the sake of the guilty, to lead us to God. In the body he was put to death, in the spirit he was raised to life,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 72:1, 12-13, 18-19
Gospel, Matthew 1:18-24
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis shares his three ingredients for a wonderful Christmas
- Declassified video may be best evidence yet of UFOs
- St. Nemesius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, December 19, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, December 19, 2017
- Suicide bomber kills 8 at church in Pakistan
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 20th, 2017 HD Video
- What kind of pizza does Pope Francis like for his birthday? HD Video
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to stop child sex abuse HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way