1 Peter - Chapter 2
1 Peter Chapters
1 Rid yourselves, then, of all spite, deceit, hypocrisy, envy and carping criticism.
2 Like new-born babies all your longing should be for milk -- the unadulterated spiritual milk -- which will help you to grow up to salvation,
4 He is the living stone, rejected by human beings but chosen by God and precious to him; set yourselves close to him
8 a stumbling stone, a rock to trip people up. They stumble over it because they do not believe in the Word; it was the fate in store for them.
9 But you are a chosen race, a kingdom of priests, a holy nation, a people to be a personal possession to sing the praises of God who called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.
12 Always behave honourably among gentiles so that they can see for themselves what moral lives you lead, and when the day of reckoning comes, give thanks to God for the things which now make them denounce you as criminals.
16 You are slaves of no one except God, so behave like free people, and never use your freedom as a cover for wickedness.
19 You see, there is merit if, in awareness of God, you put up with the pains of undeserved punishment;
20 but what glory is there in putting up with a beating after you have done something wrong? The merit in the sight of God is in putting up with it patiently when you are punished for doing your duty.
21 This, in fact, is what you were called to do, because Christ suffered for you and left an example for you to follow in his steps.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:20, 21-22, 27-28
Gospel, Mark 2:23-28
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Eminem speaks about his experience with abortion
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become ...
- Now more than 215 million persecuted Christians worldwide
- Here's why the 2018 flu season is so bad - Doctors plead: stay home ...
- St. Anthony the Abbot: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 HD
- Twitter Ban: Censorship on "a way of talking" -- does that include Christian speech? HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 16th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 15th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way