1 Peter - Chapter 1
1 Peter Chapters
4 and into a heritage that can never be spoilt or soiled and never fade away. It is reserved in heaven for you
6 This is a great joy to you, even though for a short time yet you must bear all sorts of trials;
9 and you are sure of the goal of your faith, that is, the salvation of your souls.
12 It was revealed to them that it was for your sake and not their own that they were acting as servants delivering the message which has now been announced to you by those who preached to you the gospel through the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even the angels long to catch a glimpse of these things.
14 Do not allow yourselves to be shaped by the passions of your old ignorance,
16 since scripture says, 'Be holy, for I am holy.'
18 For you know that the price of your ransom from the futile way of life handed down from your ancestors was paid, not in anything perishable like silver or gold,
19 but in precious blood as of a blameless and spotless lamb, Christ.
20 He was marked out before the world was made, and was revealed at the final point of time for your sake.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6
Gospel, Luke 8:16-18
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Trump speech rocks the NFL, protests spread, but who's right?
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD Video
- 50 years of Israeli occupation - enough is enough!
- In the Kingdom of God No One is Unemployed
- St. Finbar: Saint of the Day for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD