James - Chapter 5
4 Can you hear crying out against you the wages which you kept back from the labourers mowing your fields? The cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord Sabaoth.
8 You too must be patient; do not lose heart, because the Lord's coming will be soon.
11 remember it is those who had perseverance that we say are the blessed ones. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and understood the Lord's purpose, realising that the Lord is kind and compassionate.
12 Above all, my brothers, do not swear by heaven or by the earth or use any oaths at all. If you mean 'yes', you must say 'yes'; if you mean 'no', say 'no'. Otherwise you make yourselves liable to judgement.
13 Any one of you who is in trouble should pray; anyone in good spirits should sing a psalm.
16 So confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another to be cured; the heartfelt prayer of someone upright works very powerfully.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 32:1-2, 5, 11
Gospel, Luke 12:1-7
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, October 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Prisoners use lunch with Pope Francis to escape HD Video
- Cardinal shares the Five Keys to Catholic Education
- Profit For The Common Good
- Respecting life demands linking all life issues
- Daily Readings for Friday, October 20, 2017
- St. Paul of the Cross: Saint of the Day for Friday, October 20, 2017
- Deacon Keith invites you... HD
- It was the Clintons! Clinton family took millions in bribes from Russia to sell off U.S. uranium HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, October 20th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way