2 Thessalonians - Chapter 3
2 Thessalonians Chapters
1 Finally, brothers, pray for us that the Lord's message may spread quickly, and be received with honour as it was among you;
2 and pray that we may be preserved from bigoted and evil people, for not everyone has faith.
4 and we, in the Lord, have every confidence in you, that you are doing and will go on doing all that we tell you.
9 This was not because we had no right to be, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to imitate.
14 If anyone refuses to obey what I have written in this letter, take note of him and have nothing to do with him, so that he will be ashamed of himself,
17 This greeting is in my own hand-PAUL. It is the mark of genuineness in every letter; this is my own writing.
Reading 1, Exodus 19:1-2, 9-11, 16-20: 1 Three months to the day after leaving Egypt, the ... Responsorial Psalm, Daniel 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56: 53 May you be blessed in the Temple of ... Gospel, Matthew 13:10-17: 10 Then the disciples went up to him and asked, 'Why do you talk ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Cardinal Pell faces court for the first time in Australia
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD Video
- Can the Church foster peace in the Holy Land?
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD Video
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD