Colossians - Chapter 2
7 be rooted in him and built up on him, held firm by the faith you have been taught, and overflowing with thanksgiving.
13 You were dead, because you were sinners and uncircumcised in body: he has brought you to life with him, he has forgiven us every one of our sins.
14 He has wiped out the record of our debt to the Law, which stood against us; he has destroyed it by nailing it to the cross;
19 such a person has no connection to the Head, by which the whole body, given all that it needs and held together by its joints and sinews, grows with the growth given by God.
20 If you have really died with Christ to the principles of this world, why do you still let rules dictate to you, as though you were still living in the world?
23 In these rules you can indeed find what seems to be good sense -- the cultivation of the will, and a humility which takes no account of the body; but in fact they have no value against self-indulgence.
Reading 1, Acts 6:1-7: 1 About this time, when the number of disciples was increasing, the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 33:1-2, 4-5, 18-19: 1 Shout for joy, you upright; praise comes ... Gospel, John 6:16-21: 16 That evening the disciples went down to the shore of the sea17 ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- St. Catherine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Daily Readings for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- Report claims extreme weather on DECLINE - but is someone lying?
- 'Acid is now a fashionable weapon of choice' - Britain averages one ...
- It feels great to win! Here's the list of things President Trump has ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.