2 Corinthians - Chapter 8
2 Corinthians Chapters
4 and they had kept imploring us most insistently for the privilege of a share in the fellowship of service to God's holy people-
14 your surplus at present may fill their deficit, and another time their surplus may fill your deficit. So there may be a fair balance;
15 as scripture says: No one who had collected more had too much, no one who collected less had too little.
16 Thank God for putting into Titus' heart the same sincere concern for you.
18 We have sent with him the brother who is praised as an evangelist in all the churches
19 and who, what is more, was elected by the churches to be our travelling companion in this work of generosity, a work to be administered by us for the glory of the Lord and our complete satisfaction.
22 Along with these, we have sent a brother of ours whose eagerness we have tested over and over again in many ways and who is now all the more eager because he has so much faith in you.
Reading 1, Sirach 35:1-12: 1 One who keeps the Law multiplies offerings; one who follows ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 50:5-6, 7-8, 14, 23: 5 'Gather to me my faithful, who sealed my ... Gospel, Mark 10:28-31: 28 Peter took this up. 'Look,' he said to him, 'we have left ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Here are the answers to the Ash Wednesday quiz. How did you do?
- St. Hilary, Pope: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Oarfish strandings in Philippines could mean massive quake coming HD ...
- Priest shares Living Rosary on Mardi Gras to bring people back to God
- Who do YOU answer to? Californians prepare safe houses for illegal ...
- Pope Francis makes history by celebrating Christ alongside an Anglican Bishop HD
- St. Dominic Savio HD
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear of assassination HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.