2 Corinthians - Chapter 2
2 Corinthians Chapters
2 for if I cause you distress I am causing distress to my only possible source of joy.
4 I wrote to you in agony of mind, not meaning to cause you distress but to show you how very much love I have for you.
5 If anyone did cause distress, he caused it not to me, but -- not to exaggerate -- in some degree to all of you.
6 The punishment already imposed by the majority was quite enough for such a person;
13 I had no relief from anxiety, not finding my brother Titus there, and I said goodbye to them and went on to Macedonia.
15 To God we are the fragrance of Christ, both among those who are being saved and among those who are on the way to destruction;
16 for these last, the smell of death leading to death, but for the first, the smell of life leading to life. Who is equal to such a task?
17 At least we do not adulterate the word of God, as so many do, but it is in all purity, as envoys of God and in God's presence, that we speak in Christ.
Reading 1, Acts 18:9-18: 9 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision, 'Be fearless; ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 47:2-3, 4-5, 6-7: 2 For Yahweh, the Most High, is glorious, the ... Gospel, John 16:20-23: 20 'In all truth I tell you, you will be weeping and wailing while ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- First Lady Melania Trump is a practicing Catholic
- First Daughter, Ivanka Trump holds groundbreaking meeting with human ...
- Catholic priest and his worshipers taken hostage by ISIS-aligned ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, May 26, 2017
- St. Philip Neri: Saint of the Day for Friday, May 26, 2017
- JESUS IS ALWAYS BY OUR SIDE: Pope Francis reminds all that even in ...
- Pope Francis and Donald Trump have monumental first meeting HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, May 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.