2 Corinthians - Chapter 10
2 Corinthians Chapters
1 I urge you by the gentleness and forbearance of Christ -- this is Paul now speaking personally-I, the one who is so humble when he is facing you but full of boldness at a distance.
2 Yes, my appeal to you is that I should not have to be bold when I am actually with you, or show the same self-assurance as I reckon to use when I am challenging those who reckon that we are guided by human motives.
12 We are not venturing to rank ourselves, or even to compare ourselves with certain people who provide their own commendations. By measuring themselves by themselves and comparing themselves to themselves, they only show their folly.
14 We are not overreaching ourselves as we would be if we had not come all the way to you; in fact we were the first to come as far as you with the good news of Christ.
15 So we are not boasting beyond measure, about other men's work; in fact, we hope, as your faith increases, to grow greater and greater by this standard of ours,
Reading 1, Genesis 12:1-9: 1 Yahweh said to Abram, 'Leave your country, your kindred and ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 33:12-13, 18-19, 20, 22: 12 How blessed the nation whose God is ... Gospel, Matthew 7:1-5: 1 'Do not judge, and you will not be judged;2 because the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Anthelm: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Is the 'Gaucho Priest' the Devil's worst nightmare?
- Slovakia Catholics gift Iceland with a beautiful new church
- Catholic hero gifted most prestigous award after saving woman's life ...
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD