Matthew - Chapter 7
1 'Do not judge, and you will not be judged;
5 Hypocrite! Take the log out of your own eye first, and then you will see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother's eye.
8 Everyone who asks receives; everyone who searches finds; everyone who knocks will have the door opened.
12 'So always treat others as you would like them to treat you; that is the Law and the Prophets.
16 You will be able to tell them by their fruits. Can people pick grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?
17 In the same way, a sound tree produces good fruit but a rotten tree bad fruit.
18 A sound tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor a rotten tree bear good fruit.
19 Any tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown on the fire.
20 I repeat, you will be able to tell them by their fruits.
22 When the day comes many will say to me, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?"
23 Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, all evil doers!
Reading 1, Joshua 24:14-29: 14 'So now, fear Yahweh and serve him truly and sincerely; ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11: 1 [In a quiet voice Of David] Protect me, O ... Gospel, Matthew 19:13-15: 13 Then people brought little children to him, for him to lay ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. John Eudes: Saint of the Day for Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, August 19, 2017
- New Jersey Mayor dismantles shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD