Nahum - Chapter 1
1 Prophecy about Nineveh. Book of the vision of Nahum of Elkosh.
6 His fury -- who can withstand it? Who can endure his burning wrath? His anger pours out like fire and the rocks break apart before him.
7 Yahweh is better than a fortress in time of distress; he recognises those who trust in him
8 even when the flood rushes on; he will make an end once and for all of those who defy him, and pursue his foes into darkness.
9 What are your thoughts about Yahweh? He it is who makes a final end: his adversaries will not rise up a second time;
10 like a thicket of tangled brambles, like dry straw, they will be burnt up completely. To Assyria
11 From you has emerged someone plotting evil against Yahweh, one of Belial's counsellors. To Judah
12 Yahweh says this: Unopposed and many though they be, they will be cut down and pass away. Though I have made you suffer, I shall make you suffer no more,
14 As for you, this is Yahweh's decree: You will have no heirs to your name, from the temple of your gods I shall remove carved image and cast image, and I shall devastate your tomb, for you are accursed!
Reading 1, First Timothy 3:1-13: 1 Here is a saying that you can rely on: to want to be a ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 101:1-2, 2-3, 5, 6: 1 [Of David Psalm] I will sing of faithful ... Gospel, Luke 7:11-17: 11 It happened that soon afterwards he went to a town called Nain, ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' ...
- Planet Niburu: what's going to happen on September 23?
- Here's how Catholic Online is going to change your life, starting NOW!
- Philippine Army rescues Fr. Chito! Terrorists are surrendering in ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- St. Januarius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- immaculate conception
- st augustine
- st monica
- saint of the day
- St. Elizabeth
- john bosco
- st catherine
- Catholic Online Presents HD
- Terrorist at large! London attack injures 22, more attacks could happen HD
- A special message from Fr. Tom to all who prayed for his release HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 HD