Jonah - Chapter 3
3 Jonah set out and went to Nineveh in obedience to the word of Yahweh. Now Nineveh was a city great beyond compare; to cross it took three days.
4 Jonah began by going a day's journey into the city and then proclaimed, 'Only forty days more and Nineveh will be overthrown.'
5 And the people of Nineveh believed in God; they proclaimed a fast and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least.
7 He then had it proclaimed throughout Nineveh, by decree of the king and his nobles, as follows: 'No person or animal, herd or flock, may eat anything; they may not graze, they may not drink any water.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 17:1, 5-6, 8, 15
Gospel, Luke 19:11-28
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Quotes of the Saints - Five saints have a message for you on this ...
- St. Cecilia: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Will the Big One hit California in 2018? A new study suggests it is ...
- Priest: Adoration has made Juarez safer
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Will 2018 be the year the Big One hits California? The news media ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, November 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, November 24th, 2017 HD
- Islamic State threatens Pope Francis in gory propaganda ad HD
- Intro to Novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe for a New Culture of Life HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way