Judith - Chapter 3
7 The people of these cities and of all the other towns in the neighbourhood welcomed him, wearing garlands and dancing to the sound of tambourines.
8 But he demolished their shrines and cut down their sacred trees, carrying out his commission to destroy all local gods so that the nations should worship Nebuchadnezzar alone and people of every language and nationality should hail him as a god.
10 He pitched camp between Geba and Scythopolis and stayed there a full month to re-provision his forces.
Reading 1, Acts 6:1-7: 1 About this time, when the number of disciples was increasing, the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 33:1-2, 4-5, 18-19: 1 Shout for joy, you upright; praise comes ... Gospel, John 6:16-21: 16 That evening the disciples went down to the shore of the sea17 ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Deacon Keith Fournier: Road to Emmaus - Jesus Walks with Us on the ...
- St. Catherine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Enter Into Intimate Communion with Christ: It's the Only Way to Live
- Daily Readings for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Catherine of Siena: We Need Saints for this Missionary Age
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.