2 Kings - Chapter 12
2 Kings Chapters
4 The high places, however, were not abolished, and the people still offered sacrifices and incense on the high places.
5 Jehoash said to the priests, 'All the money from the sacred revenues brought to the Temple of Yahweh, the money from personal taxes, and all the money voluntarily offered to the Temple-
8 so King Jehoash summoned Jehoiada the priest and the other priests. 'Why are you not repairing the Temple?' he asked. 'You are no longer to accept money from people of your acquaintance but are to hand it over for the Temple repairs.'
10 Jehoiada the priest took a chest, bored a hole in the lid and placed it beside the pillar, to the right of the entry to the Temple of Yahweh; in it the priests who guarded the threshold put all the money which was given for the Temple of Yahweh.
11 Whenever they saw that there was a great deal of money in the chest, the king's secretary would come, and they would empty it out and reckon the money then in the Temple of Yahweh.
15 which was all given to the masters of works for repairing the Temple of Yahweh.
19 Jehoash king of Judah took all the sacred offerings dedicated by his ancestors, the kings of Judah, Jehoshaphat, Jehoram and Ahaziah, with those which he himself had dedicated, and all the gold which was to be found in the treasuries of the Temple of Yahweh and of the palace; he sen it all to Hazael king of Aram, who retired from Jerusalem.
20 The rest of the history of Joash, his entire career, is this not recorded in the Book of the Annals of the Kings of Judah?
22 Jozacar son of Shimeath and Jehozabad son of Shomer were the retainers who struck the blows from which he died. He was buried with his ancestors in the City of David; his son Amaziah succeeded him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 17:1, 5-6, 8, 15
Gospel, Luke 19:11-28
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Who is serving in the President's Cabinet? Here's the list
- Intro to Novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe for a New Culture of Life HD ...
- Christians in the Philippines join campaign against Christian persecution
- Islamic State threatens Pope Francis in gory propaganda ad HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- ISIS threatens Pope Francis, Catholics with disturbing propaganda images
- St. Cecilia: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, November 23rd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 HD
- Atheist plans to build a Robot God for other Atheists to worship HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way