Deuteronomy - Chapter 8
1 'You must keep and put into practice all the commandments which I enjoin on you today, so that you may survive and increase in numbers and enter the country which Yahweh promised on oath to your ancestors, and make it your own.
3 He humbled you, he made you feel hunger, he fed you with manna which neither you nor your ancestors had ever known, to make you understand that human beings live not on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of Yahweh.
6 and keep the commandments of Yahweh your God, and so follow his ways and fear him.
11 'Be careful not to forget Yahweh your God, by neglecting his commandments, customs and laws which I am laying down for you today.
16 who in this waterless place brought you water out of the flinty rock; who in this desert fed you with manna unknown to your ancestors, to humble you and test you and so make your future the happier.
17 'Beware of thinking to yourself, "My own strength and the might of my own hand have given me the power to act like this."
Reading 1, Acts 18:23-28: 23 where he spent a short time before continuing his journey ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 47:2-3, 8-9, 10: 2 For Yahweh, the Most High, is glorious, the ... Gospel, John 16:23-28: 23 When that day comes, you will not ask me any questions. In all ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- First US female genital mutilation case tries to use Religious ...
- 26 Coptic Christians BRUTALLY MURDERED on bus to St. Samuel Monastery ...
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- Catholic Hostages: Filipino Cardinal prays for Islamic militants to ...
- Bl. Margaret Pole: Saint of the Day for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.