The Proverbs - Chapter 29
The Proverbs Chapters
1 Whoever is stiff-necked under reproof will be suddenly and irremediably broken.
3 The lover of Wisdom makes his father glad, but the patron of prostitutes fritters his wealth away.
6 In the sin of the wicked lies a snare, but the upright exults and rejoices.
7 The upright understands the cause of the weak, the wicked has not the wit to understand it.
12 When a ruler listens to false reports, all his ministers will be scoundrels.
13 Poor and oppressor are found together, Yahweh gives light to the eyes of both.
15 The stick and the reprimand bestow wisdom, a young man left to himself brings shame on his mother.
19 Not by words is a slave corrected: even if he understands, he will take no notice.
21 If a slave is pampered from childhood, he will prove ungrateful in the end.
23 Pride brings humiliation, whoever humbles himself will win honour.
25 To be afraid of human beings is a snare, whoever trusts in Yahweh is secure.
Reading 1, Sirach 35:1-12: 1 One who keeps the Law multiplies offerings; one who follows ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 50:5-6, 7-8, 14, 23: 5 'Gather to me my faithful, who sealed my ... Gospel, Mark 10:28-31: 28 Peter took this up. 'Look,' he said to him, 'we have left ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Who do YOU answer to? Californians prepare safe houses for illegal ...
- Priest shares Living Rosary on Mardi Gras to bring people back to God
- St. Hilary, Pope: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 HD Video
- Here are the answers to the Ash Wednesday quiz. How did you do?
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Oarfish strandings in Philippines could mean massive quake coming HD ...
- Pope Francis makes history by celebrating Christ alongside an Anglican Bishop HD
- St. Dominic Savio HD
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear of assassination HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.