The Proverbs - Chapter 29
The Proverbs Chapters
1 Whoever is stiff-necked under reproof will be suddenly and irremediably broken.
3 The lover of Wisdom makes his father glad, but the patron of prostitutes fritters his wealth away.
6 In the sin of the wicked lies a snare, but the upright exults and rejoices.
7 The upright understands the cause of the weak, the wicked has not the wit to understand it.
12 When a ruler listens to false reports, all his ministers will be scoundrels.
13 Poor and oppressor are found together, Yahweh gives light to the eyes of both.
15 The stick and the reprimand bestow wisdom, a young man left to himself brings shame on his mother.
19 Not by words is a slave corrected: even if he understands, he will take no notice.
21 If a slave is pampered from childhood, he will prove ungrateful in the end.
23 Pride brings humiliation, whoever humbles himself will win honour.
25 To be afraid of human beings is a snare, whoever trusts in Yahweh is secure.
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:1-6: 1 Coasts and islands, listen to me, pay attention, distant ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 139:1-3, 13-14, 14-15: 1 [For the choirmaster Of David Psalm] ... Gospel, Luke 1:57-66, 80: 57 The time came for Elizabeth to have her child, and she gave ... Reading ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD