Comedian Jerry Seinfeld creates Web site with life's work
Web site will contain all of Seinfeld's comedic output, and not just from TV show
Every joke. Every skit. Every funny saying. Everything ever spoken in connection with his comedic stylings. TV comedian Jerry Seinfeld has launched a Web site serving as a warehouse for pretty much everything he's ever performed.
Comedian Jerry Seinfeld says he's offering the site to young would-be comedians. "Somewhere out there are 10-year-olds just waiting to get hooked on this strange pursuit," he writes. "This is for them."
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - JerrySeinfeld.com went live last week with three short comedy clips, "The Fattest Man in the World" from The Tonight Show in 1981, "Do the Horses Know They're Racing?" from a 1988 HBO special and "No Room in the Newspaper" from "The Tonight Show" in 1990.
The will be offering the content by running just three new clips per day, which range from 30 seconds to two minutes, which will be available for only 24 hours and then will be replaced with three new ones.
Seinfeld says he's offering the site to young would-be comedians. "Somewhere out there are 10-year-olds just waiting to get hooked on this strange pursuit," he writes. "This is for them."
Seinfeld's straight-to-the-fans media model comes after Trey Parker and Matt Stone of South Park launched South Park Digital Studios, a joint venture between the two and Comedy Central in 2007 that made all their work available online.
The notion of treating comedy bits like songs by cutting them into bite-sized digital pieces has been employed by Sirius XM's various comedy channels for some time. And just this week, Pandora also added 10,000 such bits to its libraries.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More TV News
- MSNBC host Martin Bashir leaves after MOST inappropriate comment - or was he really fired?
- A news channel cannot subsist on news alone: Radical changes coming to CNN
- Founder of Trinity Broadcasting network, Paul Crouch dies
- Bob Barker to host 'The Price is Right' on his 90th birthday
- Longtime TV favorite Marcia Wallace passes away at 70
- ABC commentator George Will to switch to Fox News Channel
- Duck Dynasty Breaks Cable Records: Robertson Family Moves Hearts with Authentic Christian Faith
- The verdict's in: Judge Judy highest paid person on TV
- 'Duck Dynasty' clan to hit Christian lecture circuit
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?