Oprah Winfrey starts final season with a bang
Entire studio audience gets trip to Australia
The flamboyant talk show hostess Oprah Winfrey is renowned for showy gestures - on one show, she gifted her entire studio audience with a new cars. So for her frst show of her final season, anticipation was in the air - and Oprah did not disappoint.
'Maybe I should take you all with me to the other side of the world. We're going to Australia!' Oprah Winfrey told her in-studio audience on her final talk show telecast.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Her in-studio audience shrieked, gasped, cried, and hugged - all before Oprah Winfrey's studio audience got a trip to Australia.
After teasing the 300 audience members with a suggestion she might take them on a trip to New York, Philadelphia or Los Angeles, she said her last season merited something "bigger."
"So I started to think about where would I most want to go," she said over the excited murmurs. Her audience was keen that they would soon be on a trip far, far away.
"Maybe I should take you all with me to the other side of the world. We're going to Australia!" Winfrey shouted.
With that, a mock-up of a Qantas jet rolled onto stage, its door opened and actor John Travolta, who also flies airplanes, stepped out dressed as a Qantas pilot.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More TV News
- Actress Jean Stapleton, Edith Bunker on 'All in the Family,' dies at 90
- Ratings: MSNBC is in very precarious fourth place
- MERMAIDS: Because who wants to think on a Sunday?
- Mother of TV psychologists Dr. Joyce Brothers dies at 85
- The British are coming! New Head of NBC Division said to be Deborah Turness
- All four 'American Idol' judges get the ax: What now?
- Danish TV show where men critique women as they disrobe draws criticism
- Actor Allan Arbus dies at 95; played psychiatrist on 'MASH' TV show
- Does the viewer have the right to free TV?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?