National Choir Appreciation Sunday Set for January 8, 2012
Event to call attention to choir members across the country.
There are 32.5 million choir members in churches across America that volunter 8.5 billion hours every year. This event is designed to give this group of Christian servants an opportunity to hear "thank you" from their churches in a very special way.
With a desire to honor these faithful volunteers, The sheet music company, J.W. Pepper, along with Christian Copyright Licensing International (CCLI) and Sermonspice.com have decided it's time to properly honor these faithful volunteers. They are jointly sponsoring National Choir Appreciation Sunday on January 8, 2012.
A special website at http://www.choirappreciationsunday.com as well as a Facebook page have been created for the event. The sponsors are hoping that parishes around the country will join in by hosting an event and plan an activity that day to honor their choir.
Actress Queen Latifah and country music legend Dolly Parton were asked to serve as spokespersons for the event and enthusiastically said yes to the honor. Parton is one of the stars for a new film about a choir in national competition entitled "Joyful Noise." The movie premiers in theaters on January 12, 2012.
The singer indicated that she couldn't be more excited about supporting this campaign. "Growing up in the south, the choir was an essential and favorite part of my church-going experience," Parton said. "In fact, our choir was one of the main influencers that led me into the music business. It's great to have a day where churches around the country join hands to thank their choir members for everything that they do."
Kathy Fernandes, J.W. Pepper's Vice President of Marketing said that the sponsors have envisioned January 8, 2012 as a day "designated for churches nationwide to thank their choirs -- volunteers of time and inspiration -- for the joyful noise they provide week in and week out all year long."
"We are thrilled," she stated, "to be part of such a worthwhile event that honors those that give so selflessly for the life and vitality of the church.
Chorus America (www.chorusamerica.org) estimates that there are 32.5 million choir members in churches across America that volunteer 8.5 billion hours every year. This event is designed to give this group of Christian servants an opportunity to hear "thank you" from their churches in a very special way.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Music News
- What's love got to do with it? Tina Turner relinquishes U.S. citizenship
- Swedish super group ABBA may reunite next year
- John McVie stricken: Fleetwood Mac cancels tour dates
- Influential rocker Lou Reed dies at 71
- Singer Rihanna poses for naughty, haughty photos at mosque - and is accused of disrespect
- Singer Elton John denounced as the 'Devil's Work' by Russian religious leader
- 'Say no when you are asked to prostitute yourself' singer Sinead O'Connor tells Miley Cyrus
- Parkinson's disease robs Linda Ronstadt of her ability to sing
- Devo drummer, who exhorted others to 'Whip It' dies
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?