Rapper M-Bone killed in drive-by shooting
Singer was shot in his hometown of Inglewood
Rapper M-Bone of the group Cali Swag District was killed this past weekend in a drive-by shooting in his hometown, Inglewood, California. The rapper, whose real name was Montae Talbert, was sitting in a car in the 400 block of North LaBrea Avenue when a car pulled up next. Two rounds were fired, striking Talbert in the head. He later died at a nearby hospital.
M-Bone,, whose real name was Montae Talbert, was sitting in a car in the 400 block of North LaBrea Avenue when a car pulled up next. Two rounds were fired, striking Talbert in the head. He later died at a nearby hospital.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The hip-hop artist had his biggest last year with the song "Teach Me How to Dougie."
"He was instrumental at showing people the dances. He was the main inspiration behind the creative dances that ultimately defined the group. He was the fourth member, who didn't rap, but played his position by taking the lead on creating unique dances," a close personal friend said.
Greg Miller, the rap group's representative, said Talbert was "the victim of a random act of violence."
The rapper "was an inspiration to his family, friends and fans," Miller said. "He was a hardworking, passionate artist and dancer who will be sorely missed."
Preliminary reports on the model of car that was involved have not been confirmed, he said.
One report suggests that the rapper was the victim of jealousy at the hands of a neighbor angered by the stars success.
According to Web site TMZ, M-Bones girlfriend spoke with the outlet and gave information that an unknown man had been threatening Bone on Twitter and possibly could be the same man who fired on her boyfriend inside a vehicle she owns. The unnamed girlfriend says that M-Bone had not even been back in Los Angeles for 24 hours before he was killed.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: M-Bone, driveby shooting, murder, rap music
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Music News
- Doors' keyboardist Ray Manzarek dies from cancer
- Blonde songstress of Abba to release new album after years of silence
- Father Pontifex is back with The Symphony and the Static
- Folk singer and Woodstock icon Richie Havens dies at 72
- Backstreet Boys are back - new album, star, world tour upcoming
- Listen to the oldest song in the world here! Can you guess how old it is?
- 'Pope of Pop' Phil Ramone dies at the age of 79
- Bobbie Smith, singer for The Spinners, dies from respiratory illnesses
- Goth rocker Peter Murphy arrested for methamphetamine
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?