Producer gives sneak peek into fifth 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movie and 'Top Gun 2'
Super producer Jerry Bruckheimer promises that a lot of surprises are in store this summer season
With "The Lone Ranger" arriving in movie theaters shortly, producer Jerry Bruckheimer has been in full battle mode promote the film. Speaking to the press, Bruckheimer offered a few sneak peeks into "Pirates of the Caribbean 5" and "Top Gun 2." Here's just some of what Bruckheimer had to say.
What can audiences expect in the fifth 'Pirates' movie, other than Johnny Depp as the irascible Jack Sparrow? Producer Bruckheimer says the new film maintains the previous movies' mixture of high-seas adventure and supernatural horror.
"We saw ['Kon-Tiki'] early on, maybe six months ago, and I saw some of their other work, which I thought was terrific. That convinced me," Bruckheimer said.
"They were interested in doing it and they flew over and we showed them a script that we were working on and they had really amazing ideas."
What can audiences expect in the fifth Pirates movie, other than Johnny Depp as the irascible Jack Sparrow? Bruckheimer says the new film maintains the previous movies' mixture of high-seas adventure and supernatural horror.
At least part of the fifth film will shoot in New Orleans. "We're certainly going to be filming in Louisiana because of the tax breaks and I think there might be a sequence there. But it will also be set in the Caribbean, obviously."
As for "Top Gun 2" -- Bruckheimer says it's still being worked on. The one thing Bruckheimer says is that Christopher McQuarrie, of "The Usual Suspects" is no longer working on the script. "He's working on Mission: Impossible 5," Bruckheimer said.
"We're at a point right now where everybody wants to make it. For a while it was Tom was excited about it but the studio didn't want to commit of the studio is excited and Tom didn't want to do it. And that's been going on for 30 years now. We're at a point where the studio is excited and Tom is excited."
"Pirates of the Caribbean 5" will be in theaters July 10, 2015 and "Top Gun 2" could be flying in right behind it in the near future.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Movies News
- Check out how they built the ark for the movie NOAH!
- Seriousness - and light frivolity - highlight the 2014 Academy Awards
- South Korean film speaks out against Samsung's disregard for safety
- Grace Unplugged Based on Many True Stories
- Heroes that saved European art treasures during World War II remembered in 'The Monuments Men'
- Silver screen legend Peter O'Toole dies at 81
- 'Billy Jack' Tom Laughlin dies at the age of 82
- Two lost Peter Sellers shorts to be screened at festival
- 'The Sound of Music' star Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?