'Oogieloves' has the worst opening weekend for a film - EVER
Kiddie film averages $30 per screen for three days over Labor Day Weekend
Have you heard of the new children's film, "The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure?" You haven't? You can't be blamed, as no one apparently did either - the film broke all records for having the worst opening for any film - ever!
"The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure" the film has been universally denounced as cheap looking -- and bad for children.
According to studio estimates, the toddler-targeted entry, distributed by Kenn Viselman Presents - the former muscle behind the similarly themed children's entertainment The Teletubbies -- earned a truly awful $448,131 from 2,160 theaters, a per theater average of $207 - each.
If tickets were a bargain matinee price of $7, only 30 people saw "Oogieloves" at each theater - across all its showings - over the past three days!
Creepy costumed characters named Toofie, Zoozie and Goobie, as well as a vacuum cleaner named J. Edgar paired with non-costumed actors Jamie Pressly, Cary Elwes, Christopher Lloyd, and Toni Braxton star in the film. "Oogieloves" cost a very modest $20 million to produce, and another reported $40 million to promote.
"The Oogieloves are giant puppet-like humanoids who look like escapees from the 'Barney' compound. They are: Goobie, a clever inventor; Zoozie, who loves animals and speaks many languages; and Toofie, who's fearless and refuses to wear a belt. They live in the village of LovelyLovelyville, in a cottage overseen by their nervous minder J. Edgar - an upright vacuum cleaner - and Windy, a disembodied smiling face in the window," read one review from the Salt Lake Tribune.
"Oogieloves" has captured the opening weekend "record" from "Delgo," the misguided 2008 animation, which earned only $511,920 in its opening weekend from 2,160 theaters - the same number as "Oogieloves."
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Movies News
- 'Fast & Furious' star Paul Walker killed in 'possible street race'
- 'Catching Fire' sets November opening box-office record
- 'Catching Fire' is expected to do just that, at box offices worldwide
- You get to keep that DVD - forever! Blockbuster Video to shut down altogether
- Captain Phillipps, el nuevo filme de Tom Hanks, retrata heroísmo de marino católico
- 'Gravity' holds on to the top spot this movie weekend
- 'Gravity' has substantial weight with $55.8 million for first weekend
- Long lost Three Stooges short found in Australian garden shed
- Long-lost silent film starring Mary Pickford unearthed by carpenter
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?